|Title||Senior Public Relations Manager
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Worldpay is a global leader in payments processing technology and solutions for our merchant customers. We operate reliable and secure proprietary technology platforms that enable merchants to accept a vast array of payment types, across multiple channels, anywhere in the world.
Worldpay has been a pioneer in card payments, multi-currency processing, online payments and contactless, and is aiming to lead the way in expanding global reach, data analytics and optimisation, and the emerging field of integrated payments.
On a typical day, we process over 31 million mobile, online and in-store transactions – that’s around 400 a second. In 2015, we processed 13.1bn transactions with a total value of c.402bn. We support 400,000 merchants in 126 currencies across 146 countries, offering over 300 payment methods. We are the leader in payments in the UK, where we process approximately 42% of all transactions.
Our solutions are delivered by 5,000 colleagues from our corporate headquarters in London and 25 offices in 11 countries around the world.
We serve all types of businesses – big and small. You may interact with Worldpay several times a day, without realising it. We are the trusted payments partner of some of the UK’s largest retailers, but also for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses in the UK and US, including over 16,000 hairdressers, over 24,000 restaurants and more than 9,000 pubs in the UK and some of the most innovative and fast growing eCommerce businesses globally.
The Senior Public Relations Manager is a leadership position responsible for defining and executing Worldpay’s public relations programs with the goal of increasing brand awareness that further establishes Worldpay as a thought leader. This includes developing proactive media relations campaigns, leveraging a variety of external channels to amplify content and messages, working with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, product management and executives, etc.) and external agencies to accomplish aggressive goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Develop and coordinate a corporate public relations strategy and programs to support Worldpay’s reputation, awareness and branding
- Write and issue press releases announcing new/updated products and services as well as other company milestones and achievements
- Build relationships with media representatives, bloggers and other key influencers
- Respond to incoming speaking engagements and commentary requests
- Create and submit speaking engagement proposals and award nominations, leveraging Worldpay’s speaker’s bureau
- Strategize, create and pitch thought-leadership content such as Op-Eds, bylines, blogs, etc.
- Collaborate with industry organizations to conduct activities that complement Worldpay’s brand
- Manage and track public relations, contributed content and events via master calendar
- Assist in the development and coordination of a crisis management and communication plan and process within Worldpay
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across all external initiatives
- Foster and measure brand awareness (SOV) and engagement in the marketplace
- Monitor and manage online reputation
- Engage with partners, customers, prospects, media, executives and other stakeholders to participate in PR activities and thought leadership
- Work closely with content/social media manager to ensure amplification of all applicable marketing content
- Serves as the day-to-day contact for Worldpay’s PR agencies to drive activities and manage results
- Set, produce and interpret monthly and quarterly PR metrics and recommend next steps
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Business or other related field
- Master’s Degree a plus
- 7-10 years of public relations experience with a background in technology or financial services
JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Solid understanding and proven track record of developing public relations strategies, thought leadership programs and media relations
- Self-starter and leader with a “can-do” attitude, taking initiative and bringing people together
- Experience in technology-driven, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to help define and execute on public relations strategy to drive results
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in a constrained-resource environment, with the context of many other priorities that people are focused on tight timelines
- Must be able to partner across functions and levels across the organization to accomplish results, while remaining agnostic to reporting relationship, level or function
- Ability to set creative direction and budget
- Must have significant knowledge of the latest tools supporting PR initiatives for success
- Ability to manage in situations with a high degree of uncertainty and ambiguity, where facts and insight about new ideas evolve quickly.
- Strong project management skills, able to manage multiple assignments
|Compensation & Benefits||