|Title||Sr. Brand Communications Manager
At Blackbaud, we believe the world would be a better place if good took over. If everyone on a mission to do good had the power to do even more. That’s why we come to work every day—to equip and connect the world’s philanthropic community so that good can take over.
We are Heart + Smart and have employees who are passionate about doing good and helping others with their philanthropic missions. They love museums, arts and culture, wildlife, feeding the hungry and helping to save lives. Philanthropy is in our DNA. If you support a non-profit, chances are you’ll find someone here who supports that mission too. In other words, you’ll find a friend here (and we hope you bring your friends too)
Blackbaud is the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good. The Senior Brand Communication Manager will play a key role in telling the story of the innovation that fuels Blackbaud's mission, through information design, presentation design and content strategy.
About the Role:
This job is the best of both worlds: you'll be called on to flex your strategic communication muscles, helping to shape concepts and messages to advance the Blackbaud story by working with executives to create messages and design a speaker's bureau content development process, and you'll produce compelling, on-brand presentation decks that draw on your graphic design and information design acumen to bring meaning to complex topics. Your work will advance a compelling mission in forums like SXSW, the World Economic Forum, the Social Innovation Summit, bbcon and more.
This is a new role on Blackbaud’s Corporate Communications & Brand team reporting directly to the Brand Communications Director. This position will work extensively with our Research, Development and Operations (RDO) and Product Management groups, to communicate our tech innovation vision and strategy. The ideal candidate will be excited about translating complex technical vision and innovation into messages that are meaningful for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Equip Blackbaud leaders to deliver compelling and persuasive messages for internal and external speaking opportunities by helping to clarify and develop content outlines and talktracks.
- Develop world-class presentation decks, working closely with Blackbaud’s Creative Director to ensure alignment with our visual identity.
- Translate complex processes, data, and concepts into meaningful visual content (information design).
- Develop and maintain self-service presentation resource library to equip senior leadership, Blackbaud employees and partners to understand and share Blackbaud’s story
- Deeply understand Blackbaud’s technical innovation, processes and solutions in order to develop visual communication resources for a wide range of audiences, from those with limited technical knowledge/background to highly technical forums.
- Work with executive leaders in Blackbaud’s RDO and Product Management Teams to develop and shape speech content.
- Develop the speakers bureau content development process to lead teams through brainstorming, ideation and content creation.
- Provide support as needed on other strategic projects in the Blackbaud Speaker’s Bureau.
Requirements & Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience with latest versions of PowerPoint, including creating slide masters, designing for various output media (projector, monitors and print-outs), object animations, embedding video, etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Ability to shape complex concepts into clear designs
- Ability to create beautiful and engaging visual presentations while adhering to a brand visual style guide
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively and succinctly position ideas and narratives
- Understanding of the product engineering and development process preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently in a deadline driven environment
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and project-management skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently but also collaborate effectively
- Ability to manage and take ownership for key program elements
- Ability to manage and build relationships in a matrix organizational environment
Education & Experience:
- Please provide a portfolio with a minimum of 3 samples of your best presentation decks.
- Experience in an agency setting a plus
- Experience communicating tech concepts – either as in-house with a tech company or with tech clients in an agency setting – strongly preferred
- 6-10 years experience including significant information design, presentation design and presentation strategy.
|Compensation & Benefits||