|Company||Crisis Assistance Ministry
|Title||Grant Relations Manager
Crisis Assistance Ministry is Mission Driven.
To provide assistance and advocacy for people in financial crisis, helping them move toward self-sufficiency.
To inspire our community to justice and generosity as we provide help, hope and understanding to people struggling with limited financial resources.
Dignity - We believe that each person deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. We will treat all people as we would want to be treated.
Grace - We recognize that each individual has value and ought to have basic needs met. We will be nonjudgmental, compassionate and accepting as we deal with each unique situation.
Quality Service - We will provide the best service possible to clients.
Integrity - We have built our reputation upon honestly and fairness in everything we do. We will keep that bond of trust.
Stewardship - We commit to using wisely the public and private resources that we receive and we expect to be held accountable for their proper use. We commit to using the gifts and talents of our staff and volunteers to the fullest in order to accomplish our mission.
Advocacy - We embrace the responsibility to advocate on behalf of those struggling with limited financial resources. We commit ourselves to seeing that these persons’ rights to a decent standard of living and a just measure of respect are supported in the public and private sectors.
Shared Partnership - We will do everything possible to assist our clients and to secure their commitments to assume their responsibility. We will make plans together to resolve their unique situations.
Collaboration - We believe that success is heightened when one or more individuals, organizations or agencies participate and work on common goals.
The Grant Relations Manager for Foundations & Faith Partners is responsible for grant writing for all grant opportunities for the agency. A donor stewardship role is integral to this job. As a member of the Advancement Team, this position works closely with the development and execution of fundraising strategies, communications and campaigns. This position will work closely with the Fundraising Campaign Manager, Communications Manager, Donor Database Manager, Donor & Database Coordinator, Director of Development and the Chief Advancement Officer.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute plans for writing and submitting grant/funding requests
- Create and evaluate annual standard grant language and positioning in partnership with agency, program and advancement leadership
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants
- Work with agency team members to obtain accurate and necessary data for grant proposals and applications Maintain master calendar for all grant activity In Raiser's Edge and other files, include submitted proposals and grant requests, maintain current records, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Research, strategize, and approach lapsed and potential grant funders in partnership with agency and advancement leadership
- Collaborate with advancement team to develop and execute an overall annual advancement strategy to include specific goals and milestones
- Work with advancement team to create tracking systems to gauge progress towards annual goals
- Work with CFO and Data and Contract Compliance Manager to produce annual agency data sheet
- Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgments
Relationship Management for Foundations & Faith Partners:
Provide support to Primary Relationship Managers (PRMs) of Foundations and Faith Partners through the major donor strategic process including:
- Acquire actively prospect new Foundations & Faith Partners for relationship acquisition and development
- Grow actively nurture Foundation & Faith Partner relationships to develop growth goals in fundraising
- Retain actively steward Foundation & Faith Partner relationships through consistent communication & contact
- Work with team members to ensure that all information for Foundation & Faith Partner relationships is up to date in Raiser's Edge
- Work in relationship with all PRMs to develop major donor relations strategies and goals
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Support other agency campaigns and projects
- Represent the agency at community events as needed
- Represent the agency through agency tours and internal events as needed
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Crisis Assistance Ministry reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
EXPERIENCE/PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Proven passion for serving people in poverty, and desire to work towards making Charlotte-Mecklenburg a better place for all
- Experience in major donor relationship management and development
- Successful grant writing and fundraising experience at a nonprofit of similar budget
- Flexibility to work after business hours and on weekends
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Demonstrated public speaking experience
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and as a team member
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, or other donor database system
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will work primarily in an office environment, and is required to work predominantly sitting, standing, walking, using hands and arms, typing using a computer, answering the telephone and reaching with hands and arms.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description should not be construed to constitute contractual obligations of any kind or a contract of employment between Crisis Assistance Ministry and any employee. Employment at Crisis Assistance Ministry is "at-will" and either party can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without just cause.
|Compensation & Benefits||