|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
DeKalb Medical offers more than 700 doctors skilled in 55 medical specialties. The not-for-profit health care system consists of three campuses—DeKalb Medical Main, DeKalb Medical Hillandale and DeKalb Medical Downtown Decatur—as well as the DeKalb Medical Physicians Group with over 30 practices in DeKalb and Gwinnett counties. Founded in DeKalb County in 1961, DeKalb Medical is an established and active member of the community, offering a variety of award-winning, accessible services, including joint replacement, long-term acute care, surgical weight loss, mammography, heartburn solutions and more. The Maternity Center is the first in Georgia to receive the international “Baby-Friendly” hospital designation. The Cancer Center has been awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award by The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
DeKalb Medical is a not-for-profit hospital system that receives no tax support from local, state or federal governments.Click hereto viewour Community Health Needs Assessments.
Summary of Position:
The graphic designer will be responsible for the creative design of both internal and external marketing and advertising materials to meet the growth goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical via its multiple service lines.
- Expected to have up-to-date knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications and must be able to apply these skills to a variety of digital and print marketing efforts.
- This position requires an understanding of technical language and specifications needed to communicate clear instructions to print vendors, web developers and other digital vendors
- Effectively communicate conceptual design ideas and present ideas to others when necessary
- Think creatively and develop and execute new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Must be able to work both independently and collaborate with the marketing division and it’s many departments
- Capable of managing simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines to achieve goals and objectives
- Working knowledge of both Mac and PC
- Participates in supporting the organizations’ vision, mission and values and adheres to DeKalb Medical Standards of Behavior
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the goals and objectives of DeKalb Medical
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 3 years or more work experience in graphic design, advertising or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Print preparation knowledge
- Experience in healthcare marketing a plus
- Knowledge of web design, GIF animation and graphic coding
- Experience with Flash
- Strong written skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills; high level of customer service skills; a willingness to work on a team level, ability to interact well with co-workers, hospital managers, executives, physicians and vendors
- Excellent organizational skills as well as maintaining archive of images, photos and previous projects
- Video editing, including software knowledge a plus
Reports to: Director, Marketing and Communications
|Compensation & Benefits||