|Title||Marketing & Marketing Communications Manager – Industries & Infrastructure
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees.
The main objective of the Segment Marketing & Communications Manager is to provide leadership and technical expertise for all marketing and marketing communications activities for owned segment(s). The manager is responsible for exploring, developing, and setting the strategic direction for the owned segment(s). He or she creates and executes segment marketing plans and campaigns to grow volume, revenue, and profit within targeted audiences - driving collaboration for marketing and communications activities across all business units and sales channels in the United States. He or She creates compelling messages and content to ensure existing and future customers have the right message, offer and experience. The manager delivers customer insights and sales enablement tools to ensure customer pain points and the voice of the customer are well understood by all stakeholders.
- Lead strategic marketing and marketing communications programs across multiple divisions and business units focused on owned segment(s) in the United States.
- Be an industry owner. Develop and execute strategy and integrated marketing plans for owned segment(s) in coordination with industry leads locally and globally.
- Lead development and execution of marketing campaigns across all identified marketing tactics; demand generation, email marketing, digital marketing and advertising, marketing automation, nurture campaigns, social media, web content, landing pages.
- Lead collaboration across US business units and sales channels to tell the entire ABB story for owned segment(s).
- Lead collaboration with global strategic initiatives and business units / divisions to share marketing tools and marketing strategy.
- Responsible for developing and implementing regional digital strategy / messaging for owned segment(s)
- Analyze and report campaign results / metrics and communicate with stakeholders.
- Lead the creation and implementation of messaging / value propositions activities around industry pain points.
- Research customer trends and market information to develop customer insights for owned segment(s) and report insights to executive management, business units and sales channels.
- Monitor key client issues and emerging market trends and build this intelligence into marketing strategies and programs.
- Develop comprehensive sales enablement tools; sales aids, sales training, customer presentations for all sales channels across the US.
- Develop and direct content production and editing for marketing campaigns; white papers, advertisements, newsletters, infographics, etc.
- Lead event strategy for segment(s). Plan, coordinate and execute event strategy for strategic industry events; establish and coordinate message / themes, identify demonstrations and exhibits, develop new ways of delivering our overall message.
- Facilitate collaboration across US entities to serve segment with a complete ABB offering and message.
- Increase brand recognition and trust; build ABB’s reputation as a “thought leader” in key industries with internal and external audience.
- Manage key vendor and agency relationships to ensure: brand adherence, deadlines and expectations are met and invoices are paid.
- Manage and adhere to industry marketing budgets ($400K +) while maximizing impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Marketing / Communications / Business or relevant field
- 5+ years marketing and/or communications experience in a (B2B) business-to-business technical or industrial marketing environment
- Master’s Degree in Engineering / Marketing / Communications / Business or relevant field – MBA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or in technical discipline preferred (technical aptitude)
- 8+ years marketing and/or communications experience in a (B2B) business-to-business technical or industrial marketing environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with software used by marketing communications including Adobe suite, Photoshop, In Design, Flash, CMS (content management systems such as Sitefinity). HTML design a plus
- Familiarity with marketing automation and email tools
- Experience in segment or channel marketing & marketing communications highly preferred
- Track record of developing strategies and implementing marketing programs to achieve defined targets
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects and project teams simultaneously - Superior project management skills and ability to manage several large projects at any given time
- Self-starter, strong networker with an interest in technology issues and have strategic thinking capability combined with hands-on approach to translate plans to actions and monitor and report on progress
- Demonstrated experience with synthesizing information from many sources to create usable insights
- Proven technical aptitude - Able to express technically complex content in easy to understand form
- Influencing skills
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience in marketing metrics and ROI
- Ability to create and build relationships across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Ability to effectively manage marketing agencies and vendors
- Leadership / management experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience in discrete and/or process industries and transport & infrastructure preferred
|Compensation & Benefits||