|Company|| Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority
Who We Are:
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority works to deliver experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of our visitors and residents. Through leadership in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise, the CRVA leads efforts to maximize the region’s economic potential through visitor spending, creating jobs and opportunities for the community.
The Communications Specialist is an individual contributor responsible for writing, editing and content generation programs across multiple platforms in an effort to ensure the promotion and success of the CRVA’s multiple brands.
Essential Job Duties:
- Write and copyedit a wide range of communication materials including, but not limited to, publication articles, blog posts, social media posts, website content, press releases, fact sheets, media pitches, presentations and talking points. Keen attention to detail, professional writing style, consistency and ability to produce error-free work are a must.
- Coordinates internal and external client communication projects. Position would be responsible for quality control and editing of projects, serving as the link between content and design in a fast-paced integrated marketing/communications environment.
- Works with network of freelancers and contributors to assign scope of content for needed collateral/assets; outline content needs in conjunction with designated planning meetings and editorial calendars to ensure deliverables are met on deadline.
- Beyond reactive needs, identifies content creation opportunities within the region; cultivate and maintain strong relationships with tourism, NASCAR and community partners to foster proactive content and story ideas that promote the CRVA brands.
- Collaborates with Marketing/Communications Managers on team and other internal clients to maintain brand standards and assure accuracy of information.
- Performs copy-related administrative tasks as needed, such as creating copy guidelines, brand standards, assembling visual assets and maintaining creative archives.
- Assists with events, content generation needs, social media support and media relations efforts as outlined by the Communications Manager.
- Helps develop and carry out communications programs both internally and externally to create awareness and deliver key messages to target markets that are in line with the CRVA goals and objectives.
- Researches, curates, creates and edits content applicable to CRVA brand strategies.
- Supports content strategy planning process and apply insights to available content.
- Proofs communications with an eye for style, brand voice, accuracy and appropriate grammar.
- Assists with media relations as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility:
This job will have periodic access to confidential data including company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, product costs, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Ability to write creatively and for multiple types of audiences. Excellent communication skills including verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to demonstrate political savvy.
Ability to effectively facilitate multiple projects and issues simultaneously and to meet deadlines and be responsive. Demonstrated excellent judgment and decision making skills. Ability to maintain composure and clarity of thought and purpose when confronted with highly stressful situation. Ability to effectively analyze and identify problems and create a resolution.
Customer Service Ability:
Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, and delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to work independently and take direction. Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Power Point and Excel) and other general office equipment.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of BS/BA/BBA required; 3 – 5 years of relevant job experience in journalism, public relations, and/or marketing or a related field.
- Inventive, creative writer and editor with the ability to motivate people and inspire consumer action.
- Excellent written, proofreading, fact checking and oral communication skills.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, advanced expertise in AP style.
- Has a passionate opinion on the Oxford comma.
- Strong editing for consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy and readability across digital and print materials.
- Understanding of basic project management and customer service principles.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, fervent work ethic and independent.
- Strong understanding of the CRVA’s goals and objectives.
- Able to perform and excel within an integrated, fast-paced team environment.
- Must be proactive and results-oriented.
- Proven skill in using digital/social media to connect with stakeholders through compelling messages and stories.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating previous writing expertise is a must.
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization practices and techniques.
|Compensation & Benefits||