|Title||Digital Media Planner
22squared is a full-service, 100% employee-owned advertising agency with fierce beliefs and a unifying culture. With nearly 350 employees across two offices, our clients describe us as "happily feisty" because we work tirelessly to make them successful. We deliver amazing creative ideas, but we also get in the trenches with our clients, using strategic expertise and well-educated points of view to help them achieve their business goals.
We believe that brands must be Welcome Intruders in the lives of consumers. People have become incredibly adept at avoiding ads, so our goal is to become as non-ad-like as possible. This means creating ideas and content that consumers will actually welcome, and delivering them to consumers at exactly the right time and place.
The Planner, Digital Media manages and helps develop and execuate strategic social media paid campaigns for a large retail brand. The role requires a broad range of skills including collaboration with integrated team to execuate strategic social planning on various platforms, identifying targeting tactics based on campaign briefs and defining media goals measured against precise KPIs. The role requires commitment to driving innovative paid media solutions and flawless execution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confers with senior Media team members, Brand Planning, Client Leadership and/or Clients to plan & execute media objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Immerse in all aspects of paid social media, including platform capabilities, targeting opportunities, pricing formats and bidding strategies
- Develop a deep understanding for audience buying leveraging a variety of tools with first and third-party data
- Develops digital Requests for Proposals, fields any vendor questions surrounding the RFP; evaluates returned proposals and determines final vehicle selection.
- Develops and maintains digital media plans and related documentation including approvals and budgets.
- Daily management of the paid digital and social campaigns, including communicating approved plans to agency buying partners.
- Provides measurement with necessary information and document framework to analyze results versus defined campaign metrics (e.g., performance & analytics reports, buy summaries, etc.).
- Responsible for the ongoing support and mentorship of those more junior on daily tasks in order to grow the Assistant’s knowledge base and expand individual management skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data including but not limited to audiences, market & sales, media mix and competitive reporting all to assist in formulating actionable offline and digital plans.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the digital media marketplace plus a strong understanding of interactive marketing concepts, best practices and digital media planning and buying process.
- Experience with 3rd party ad server (Flashtalking, preferred)
- Solid understanding of digital media performance metrics
- Is passionate and articulate and can craft a compelling case/recommendation and present it to the client.
- Capacity to see the bigger picture across all marketing touch points, e.g., TV, Display, Mobile, Search, Social.
Experience & Skill Set:
- Minimum of 2-3 years digital/social media planning experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably in advertising, marketing or related program
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong mathematic & analytical skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team structure, and function as a leader when necessary
- Working knowledge of media research tools and software such as comScore, cross-tabulation software (MRI, Simmons, etc.), MediaTools, MediaOcean/MBOX/Spectra, competitive software (Kantar or Nielsen Ad*Views), Reach/Frequency estimators
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; Mac & Keynote skills helpful
|Compensation & Benefits||