|Title||Graphic Artist/Communications Specialist
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
What began with a special education class back in 1975 has grown into an organization that provides education, training and support for people with disabilities across 18 states. Based in the Metro Atlanta area, Nobis Works has worked for the past 40 years to bring opportunities to people who have barriers to employment such as developmental or physical disabilities.
Thanks to the dedication and constant support from our namesake and founder, former Atlanta Falcons’ All-Pro Linebacker Tommy Nobis, we have helped over 25,000 people get the assistance, training and support they need to find dignity and workplace success. Learn more about our history, events and future goals to get to know our organization and its important work in the community.
The Graphic Artist/Communications Specialist (GA/CS) is responsible for coordination of internal and external graphic and written communications for Nobis Works and related entities. The GA/CS creates and delivers direct mail, brochures, newsletters, emails and other communications explaining who we are and what we do in support of the business’ strategic goals. The GA/CS also coordinates and ensures current content on the Nobis Works and any related websites.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops external and internal communications including brochures, press releases, annual reports, email blasts, and other communication under the guidance and leadership of the Development Manager.
- Creates marketing collateral and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Works with the Executive Team to craft social media messaging to enhance organizational visibility.
- Posts updates to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites as scheduled.
- Coordinates and maintains NobisWorks.org and any related websites with outside vendor.
- Makes day-to-day website updates to ensure current, relevant content.
- Draft general website updates such as staffing updates, program information, donor news, upcoming events, and program participant stories/videos.
- Gather and report analytics for paid advertising, online and social media campaigns and programs.
- Assists with the research and coordination of mass media buys and schedules, including ongoing updates and schedule changes based upon analytics.
- Handles general correspondence and reports, as needed.
- Drives brand awareness campaign, including the creation and maintenance of a communications plan, as outlined in the Nobis Works Strategic Plan.
- Monitor and track analytics of Nobis Works’ social media and internet sites.
- Proofread and revise communications initially crafted by other team members for branding, consistency, and effectiveness.
- Creates, maintains, promotes, and enforces company brand standards.
- Work with organizational leaders and teams to plan, create and produce communications, advertisements, collateral, and displays for exhibits and presentations.
- Create materials for and drive the execution and distribution of print and digital mailings.
- Delivers press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, and speaking proposals for media outlets and other entities.
- Drafts speeches, event scripts, PowerPoint presentations and other materials for presentations made by the Executive Team and other organizational leaders.
- Researches advertising demographics, media coverage and trends for the non-profit industry, as well as communication strategies and best practices, and make recommendations based upon the identified data.
- Produces videos and still photos for publication from/for various activities and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts, Communications, Public Relations or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years of successful graphic arts and/or corporate or non-profit communications experience, which includes creating marketing collateral, newsletters, presentations, press releases, social media updates, etc.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Mission driven, guided by core values and a pleasure to work with.
- Intermediate to Expert-level skill in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience preferred with Adobe Audition, Premiere, After Effects, and/or Creative Cloud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and superior follow-through
- Solid project management skills with ability to drive projects to completion
- Results oriented with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in/out of the organization
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Requires focus, detail orientation, and high energy level
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Eligibility to work in the United States
|Compensation & Benefits||