|Company||Central Garden & Pet
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Our vision is for Central to be a high-performing growth company that innovates, markets and produces quality branded products that are #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
At Central Garden & Pet, we know that the home is the heart of activity. For family and friends, humans and pets, our focus is to provide consumers with high-quality, innovative products that simplify and beautify outdoor living spaces and, create fun and healthy interaction with pets.
- Listed on the NASDAQ National Market
- Tickers: CENT and CENTA
- Headquarters: Walnut Creek, California
- President & CEO: George Roeth
Founded in 1980 as a distribution company, through a combination of strategic acquisitions and internal investment, we have evolved our business into a portfolio of leading brands in the Lawn and Garden supplies and the Pet supplies industries.
Our brands are consistently recognized by customers and industry peers alike for innovation and quality.
Our award winning sales and logistics operations service all of the major retailers and have the ability to reach nearly every independent retailer nationwide.
We are driven to success. Retailers and consumers reward innovation, quality and service with loyalty and word-of-mouth praise.
Our Garden Segment is searching for a Brand Manager to work in our Atlanta, GA office. This position is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans and marketing tactics for the assigned product portfolio to satisfy overall company objectives; takes P&L responsibility and complete ownership of all marketing efforts and activities; champions projects and leads cross-functional teams to ensure execution. The Brand Manager will evaluate category trends and launch new products from concept to market. In addition, this role will manage the day-to-day operations of the assigned product portfolio, including the different aspects of the product life cycle.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ:CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com. for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Incorporate and anticipate industry trends to develop and execute annual and long range business plan, including solid analyses that support overall plan recommendations
- Plan and execute budget to manage portfolio P&L, presenting variance, key drivers and recommendations to management
- Lead cross-functional teams, including, but not limited to, Sales, R&D, Product Development, Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Agency, Regulatory and Legal to champion projects
- Manage project timelines, anticipate deviations from plan, and proactively identify and recommend solutions
- Plan and coordinate new product launches from concept to market, including product development, packaging development, volume forecasting and tracking and sales communications
- Oversee the creative development and deployment of radio, digital, print advertising and PR activities
- Develop sales tools/materials to optimize impact of the sales organization
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years of consumer packaged goods product management experience – experience in lawn and garden a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Vista)
- Exceptional project management skills and experience leading cross-functional teams
- Proficient in analyzing/leveraging Sales and Financial data and persuasively presenting findings
- Experience presenting to management and sales organizations
- Strong organizational and time management/prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills; written, oral and formal presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Self-motivator able to deliver satisfactory work under limited supervision
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- 10% domestic travel may be required
|Compensation & Benefits||