|Company||Moore Farms Botanical Garden
|Title||Events and Marketing Coordinator
Moore Farms Botanical Garden is a nonprofit organization set on over 500 acres near Lake City, South Carolina. The garden is cultivated on 60 acres and is a dynamic mix of formal, naturalistic, and agrarian landscapes. Garden areas include a formal garden, vegetable garden, green roof, muscadine vineyard, pond gardens, formal shrub borders, and a greenhouse and nursery. Other land use includes agriculture, forestry and wildlife habitat. We are currently in a period of growth in both our horticultural displays and programming. This is a very exciting time to be part of the MFBG team.
To coordinate events and programs through marketing, strategic planning, public relations and facility management. Duties are diversified, requiring broad application of organizing, planning, technology experience and exercising independent judgment.
- Coordinate, organize, plan and implement special events, fundraisers and garden opens.
- Organize and administer event communications with vendors to include invitations, applications, meetings, contracts, manuals, invoices, brochures, follow-up and dissemination of other pertinent information.
- Market all programs via numerous outlets, utilizing traditional and modern methods.
- Serve as registrar and point person for special events and coordinate facility rentals.
- Maintain detailed vendor records and contract agreements.
- Create and distribute multi-media publicity information to the public about events and activities.
- Maintain and update social media platforms for the organization.
- Lead creative expansion of existing events.
- Collect, evaluate and report industry research to Education and Events Manager.
- Attend consumer meetings and functions to promote the garden’s efforts.
- Assist with public tours.
- Aid in supervision and training of volunteers and interns.
- With managerial approval, source, procure and purchase supplies such as promotional items, catering supplies and event materials.
- Coordinate with Youth and Outreach Coordinator on promotion of youth and family programming.
- Perform general activities for special projects or assistance with on-going activities as directed by the Education and Events Manager.
Reports to: Education and Events Manager
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Hospitality or related field.
- Preferred three years of experience in event planning and/or marketing.
- Must be detail oriented, a team player and be able to multi-task with a wide variety of on-going projects.
- The qualified candidate must have exceptional guest service and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able stay on top of technology trends in regards to marketing and events.
- Willingness and ability to perform physical work outside in all weather conditions.
- Applicant must be self-motivated with a positive attitude and be able to take initiative when needed.
- Must possess or be eligible for a valid South Carolina Driver’s license and be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and operate standard office equipment including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, carry, climb, stoop and to load/unload various objects.
- Weekend and evening availability are required with occasional overnight travel.
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is a full-time exempt position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package included.