|Company||Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
It's an exciting time to work at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Health care is changing, and we're leading the way. We offer more than health insurance our customers can count on. We’re committed to better health and better health care − in our communities and beyond. Our employees bring energy and creativity to the workplace, and it shows in our innovative approach to improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians.
Our company is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham and major operations in Winston-Salem and Fayetteville. In all we employ more than 4,500 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.7 million customers.
Help us lead the charge for better health care by joining our award-winning team. Discover tremendous opportunities with us to do challenging and rewarding work. Opportunities that can lead you to a fulfilling career, work that can help others lead healthier, happier lives.
Develops, plans and executes communications activities that promote BCBSNC and position the company and/or division favorably to key stakeholders, including BCBSNC employees, the news media, business and community leaders, consumers, employer groups, the financial community and health care providers. Works closely with other BCBSNC departments, as well as external partners and stakeholders, to deliver, and execute on, superior communications plans that are strategic, measurable and aligned with corporate and/or divisional goals.
- Provide strategic communications counsel that supports the success of individual projects as well as divisional and/or enterprise goals.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior leaders on matters pertaining to communications.
- May lead and/or participate on formal and informal cross-functional teams in support of corporate projects and strategic initiatives.
- Identify, analyze and understand target audiences and their specific communication needs – and develop effective messages for those audiences.
- Develop effective strategies and comprehensive communication plans to promote the company and/or division’s position and meet specific business objectives or manage emerging issues.
- Establish specific performance measures that assess the effectiveness and impact of communications plans.
- Demonstrate high level of flexibility to respond to rapidly changing business needs.
- Actively engage other team members, management, executive leadership and subject matter experts in the development of effective communications strategies and company/division positions on issues.
- Researches, refines, analyzes, summarizes and makes use of relevant information in preparation of communications.
- Develop appropriate communication deliverables in support of internal communications, public relations and/or divisional initiatives, including, but not limited to, news releases, talking points, internal news articles, speeches, intranet and intranet content and social media posts.
- Deliver well-written, edited, style- and audience-appropriate communications across all types of media (written, spoken, social, Web).
- Possess a solid understanding of techniques and strategies for using a variety of internal, external and social media communications channels.
- Manage overall project development, including project schedules, work assignments, budgets and reports; prioritize and traffic multiple projects and deadlines.
- Develop and execute appropriate mechanisms for tracking project expenses to ensure projects – and the department as a whole – meet defined budget targets.
- May work with Compliance, Legal and other areas to ensure compliance with appropriate legal, regulatory and NCQA accreditation requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other communications areas to ensure a consistent approach to corporate communication needs.
- May manage contract and vendor relationship with vendor(s).
- Support enterprise and corporate projects as needed.
- Possess knowledge of a variety of communications disciplines and maintain proficiency in more than one area.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience in communications and/or project or program management
- In lieu of a degree, 8 years experience in communications and/or project or program management
- Proven experience providing counsel to management and others based on industry and professional best practices.
- A proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated skills in communications program management and team leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze key program issues and recommend appropriate communication vehicles.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, high volume environment
- The candidate must have the ability to be a hands-on manager of multiple projects and/or campaigns.
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills are necessary to be successful in this position.
- Superior oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Proven capability for crisis management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with all communications vehicles and technology, including written, Web, video, broadcast, and social media
- Ability to tie departmental and project objectives to overall corporate goals.
- Meeting facilitation skills
|Compensation & Benefits||