|Company||South State Bank
South State Bank has been serving the financial needs of individuals and businesses in the South since 1934. By staying true to our values of relationship banking and commitment to our customers, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing banks in the Southeast.
Great banking starts with great bankers. And, thanks to our dedicated team of bankers, we have faithfully executed our mission to build a high-performing bank based on a balance of soundness, profitability and growth. And as we continue to build on this success, I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve as your financial partner now and in the future.
The Corporate Communications team is looking for a highly-motivated Communications Specialist with strong writing capabilities. The responsibility of this role is to support the Corporate Communications team with executing targeted communication plans in support of key business units and initiatives. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the individual in this role will assist with internal and external communications projects, with a primary focus on the Bank’s internal Intranet site.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with managing and monitoring the company Intranet, including strategic planning, content development, image optimization and employee training.
- Assist with customer mailings and coordinating internal and external communications.
- Work with departments to understand objectives and timelines of communication requests.
- Support the communications team with special projects and touchpoint reviews.
- Manage the Bank-In-School program for the Southern Region by organizing the printing of school letters and schedules.
- Manage the Bank’s Financial Literacy library.
- Coordinate reviews and reordering of bank promotional items.
- Ensure compliance with all bank policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Communications, Marketing, English, Business or other related field.
Qualifications for Position:
- This is an entry-level position.
- Must have excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Confident social skills and able to interact with all levels of management and vendor partners.
- Eager to learn what communication is necessary for a service-based organization.
- WordPress experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to work individually and as a team.
- No need to have any banking experience.
- New employee orientation.
- Required annual compliance training.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
|Compensation & Benefits||