|Company||BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina
|Title||Marketing Communications Specialist
Since 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) has offered its customers high quality health insurance at a competitive price and has led the charge toward better health and more consumer-focused health care in our state. BCBSNC is a fully taxed, not-for-profit North Carolina company with major operations centers in Durham, Fayetteville, Winston-Salem, and an office in Charlotte. We employ more than 4,700 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.89 million customers.
BCBSNC is committed to making the health care system in North Carolina better – but we know we can't do it alone. That's why we work with doctors, hospitals and others to bring our customers innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs.
The Marketing Communications Specialist collaborates on communication plan design and executes and measures integrated, strategically-focused marketing plans for specific market segments in an effort to support key corporate sales and marketing goals. Works closely with the marketing communications team to solve market problems and drive enterprise results.
- Collaborates with marketing communications team to define communication tactical plan.
- Plans and implements marketing campaigns to approved budgets, goals and timelines and ensures plans are executed on-strategy.
- Drives sales results through implementation of marketing activities such as: incentives, direct mail, advertising, collateral, promotions, events, presentations, online marketing and other appropriate channels.
- Provides reports, analyses, and regular status updates on marketing campaign development.
- Measures and reports metrics of all assigned marketing activities, analyzes programs and adjusts tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Identifies market opportunities by collaborating with sales leadership and segment teams.
- Develops and implements targeted support to the agent/broker community.
- Works closely with various areas of the organization including sales, web office, creative studio, underwriting, legal, compliance, healthcare, human resources and other internal departments in the production of marketing materials and campaigns.
- Manages effective relationships with external marketing and logistics vendors/agencies as needed.
- Utilizing strong knowledge of the competitive marketplace, equips the sales team to effectively sell against the competition.
- Facilitates communication between internal stakeholders and creative resources in project execution.
- Manages associated program budget(s) including annual forecasting, invoice control and reconciliation, tracking of campaign funds and scheduled reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years (or Master’s degree and at least 2 years) of marketing or sales communication or advertising experience.
- If no degree, a minimum 6 years experience as stated above.
- Direct experience managing small to medium sized projects or programs.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Solid relationship management skills to effectively collaborate and coordinate work across multiple areas of the organization.
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks etc.
- Knowledgeable about the market, industry and key trends.
- Communicates ideas and information in a form well matched to and well received by others.
- Invites productive and regular exchanges of information among team members.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented and a clear focus on high quality work.
- Works with management to effectively and creatively solve complex problems.
- Proactively works to circumvent roadblocks to solutions.
|Compensation & Benefits||