|Company||BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina
|Title||Senior Internal Communications Specialist (Business Transformation)
Since 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) has offered its customers high quality health insurance at a competitive price and has led the charge toward better health and more consumer-focused health care in our state. BCBSNC is a fully taxed, not-for-profit North Carolina company with major operations centers in Durham, Fayetteville, Winston-Salem, and an office in Charlotte. We employ more than 4,700 North Carolinians and serve more than 3.89 million customers.
BCBSNC is committed to making the health care system in North Carolina better – but we know we can't do it alone. That's why we work with doctors, hospitals and others to bring our customers innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs.
Develops, plans and executes high profile, highly sensitive and/or complex communications activities that promote BCBSNC and position the company and/or division favorably to key stakeholders, including BCBSNC employees, the news media, business and community leaders, consumers, employer groups, the financial community and health care providers. Works closely with other BCBSNC departments, as well as external partners and stakeholders, to deliver, and execute on, superior communications plans that are strategic, measurable and aligned with corporate and/or divisional goals.
- Provide strategic communications counsel that supports the success of individual projects as well as enterprise goals.
- Be responsible for high profile, highly sensitive and/or complex initiatives
- Routinely provide advice and counsel to senior leaders on matters pertaining to communications and/or media relations.
- Expected to represent BCBSNC’s corporate or divisional communications function at senior and enterprise-level meetings.
- Lead formal and informal cross-functional teams in support of corporate projects and strategic initiatives.
- Identify, analyze and understand target audiences and their specific communication needs – and develop effective messages for those audiences.
- Develop effective strategies and comprehensive communication plans to promote the company and/or division’s position and meet specific business objectives or manage emerging issues.
- Establish specific performance measures that assess the effectiveness and impact of communications plans.
- Demonstrate high level of flexibility and autonomy to respond to rapidly changing business needs.
- Actively engage other team members, management, executive leadership and subject matter experts in the development of effective communications strategies and company positions on issues.
- Researches, refines, analyzes, summarizes and makes use of relevant information in preparation of communications.
- Develop appropriate communication deliverables in support of internal communications, public relations and/or divisional initiatives, including, but not limited to, news releases, talking points, internal news articles, speeches, intranet and intranet content and social media posts.
- Deliver well-written, edited, style- and audience-appropriate communications across all types of media (written, spoken, social, Web).
- Possess a expert level understanding of techniques and strategies for using a variety of internal, external and social media communications channels.
- Manage overall project development, including project schedules, work assignments, budgets and reports; prioritize and traffic multiple projects and deadlines.
- Develop and execute appropriate mechanisms for tracking project expenses to ensure projects – and the department as a whole – meet defined budget targets.
- Work with Compliance, Legal and other areas to ensure compliance with appropriate legal, regulatory and NCQA accreditation requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other communications areas to ensure a consistent approach to corporate communication needs.
- Manage contract and vendor relationship with vendor(s).
- Support enterprise and corporate projects as needed.
- Possess knowledge of a variety of communications disciplines and maintain proficiency in more than one area.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 years experience in communications and/or project and program management, which must include 2 years Public Relations, Corporate Communications or divisional communications experience.
- The candidate must have demonstrated success as a hands-on manager of multiple projects and/or campaigns.
- Proven experience providing counsel to senior management and others based on industry and professional best practices, specifically on more complex and sensitive initiatives.
- Expertise with all communications vehicles and technology, including written, Web, video, broadcast, and social media
- A proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated skills in complex communications program management and team leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze key program issues and recommend appropriate communication vehicles.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, high volume environment
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills are necessary to be successful in this position.
- Superior oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Proven capability for crisis management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to tie departmental and project objectives to overall corporate goals.
- Meeting facilitation skills
|Compensation & Benefits||