|Company||Checkers Drive In Restaurants, Inc.
BOLD SINCE BURGER #1:
Checkers & Rally's restaurants were born out of the idea that a bland and flavorless burger was downright bad and that Americans everywhere deserved a better tasting burger — one that was unexpectedly bold, made-to-order and priced at a value that was hard to beat. Founded by experienced foodies with a renegade spirit, both the Checkers & Rally's unique double drive-thru concept, with its over-the-top checkerboard squares, chrome styling, red neon signs and of course the food, was an instant hit. These two new burger experiences were hot, fresh and served with a smile. People were hooked, and the world of cookie cutter corporate burger establishments was about to change.
- Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. burst onto the burger scene with their over-the-top flavors in 1986 in Mobile, Alabama.
- Rally’s Hamburgers, Inc. first fired up the grill and started cooking in 1985 in Louisville, Kentucky.
TWO GREAT FLAVORS UNITE:
After successfully opening and maintaining 200+ restaurant chain businesses in several Midwestern and Southeastern states, in 1999 Checkers & Rally's would bring their passion for big flavor together. This successful merger would make Checkers & Rally's the largest double drive thru restaurant chain in the country. Which in turn would only help bolster both the Checkers & Rally's brands on all fronts. Today Checkers & Rally's have more than 800 restaurants open in the United States. And with the hard working, can-do attitude that every Checkers & Rally's employee and franchisee brings to work with them every day, we're only certain to grow even more.
Be part of a fun in-house design team where you can grow your career and work with awesome people. We are a small team who works hard and likes to have fun. Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. seeks a creative Graphic Designer with experience in both print and digital media. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs. The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the retail sector, to support our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground running as soon as new projects are presented. This person will be detail-oriented, have a strong work ethic, take ownership of his/her work and never settle for mediocrity. Reliability and the ability to follow up a must.
The primary responsibilities for a Graphic Designer include the concepting and creation of brand communication elements, such as point-of-purchase signage, billboards, print ads and various merchandising materials as well as web and social media graphics. This person must be able to collaborate with other members of the creative and marketing team.
- Understands broader business objectives
- Develop designs based on current advertising campaign and continually develops and broadens ideas throughout all brand communication.
- Solves communication challenges through expertise in typography, layout, color and end-user interaction
- Excellent at managing multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Ability to design for web based applications (not development)
- Working closely with the design team, internal departments and executives to reinforce our culture and clearly communicate through design
- Quickly learn and follow internal processes, naming conventions and file prep procedures
- Use refined intuition to know when to push forward or pull back on creative projects with the broader team
- Performs other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Natural curiosity and passion for design
- Photo shoot art direction and photography skills a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing or 4 to 6 years experience in a related field required
- Strong knowledge of print design, file preparation and management and photo retouching
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Knowledge of front-end web design and working knowledge/experience in Wordpress, HTML, and Flash, CSS knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Experience using traffic software to manage proofs and schedule a plus
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail a must
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Work/Life/Fun balance, casual and collaborative work environment.
- Team members get to enjoy company-wide events and celebrations.
- Every team member working at the Restaurant Support Center is eligible for annual bonus potential.
- Build your career working for a growing national QSR brand