|Company||Funky Buddha Brewery
Funky Buddha Brewery, located in Oakland Park, Florida, is seeking a full-time Design Coordinator to join its growing team in the South Florida area. Established in 2010 at its Boca Raton brewpub, Funky Buddha is known for pushing the boundaries of traditional brewing methods with culinary-inspired recipes utilizing all-natural, food-centric ingredients. Some of its best-known beers include flagships Hop Gun IPA and Floridian Hefeweizen, Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, No Crusts Peanut Butter and Jelly Brown Ale, and Last Snow Coffee Porter. This fast growing company is one of Florida’s largest breweries and is positioned for rapid expansion over the next few years.
“Where the Best Beers Are – Top 20 Brewpubs/Breweries for good beer” – USA Today
“24 American Microbreweries Every Beer Lover Should Know” – Business Insider
“10 Best Breweries to Visit in the South” – First We Feast
A Design Coordinator at Funky Buddha Brewery will be responsible for creating compelling designs for products and promotions while working with both print and digital media. This employee must be a highly creative, hard working, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a desire to continue learning and growing within the company and his or her field. A well-rounded individual with multiple skill sets is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Brand Director to develop and execute a design plan that focuses on brand identity, products, and event-driven promotions.
- Work with Brand Director and marketing team to develop identity and design for new and upcoming products.
- Uphold company brand standards and ensure consistent and focused imagery across a variety of formats.
- Prepare files for print and ensure accurate reproduction of all printed materials including labels and boxes to a high standard.
- Work with digital content coordinator to create compelling visuals for use in social media, website, newsletter, and other digital applications.
- Work with events staff and Brand Director to promote tap room events and functions with custom graphics.
- Plan and shoot in house photography for promotional uses such as merchandise, packaging/products, and facilities.
- Write copy and conceptualize visual pieces using current brand assets and information.
- Prepare simple videos and other video content primarily for the web, shooting footage as necessary and archiving according to standards.
- Work with Brand Director and marketing team to develop compelling merchandise for sale and for promotional purposes.
- Attend major events (on nights and weekends) for the purpose of documenting via photography and video where required.
- Maintain organized digital assets that are easily accessed including brand imagery, label art and assets, promotional pieces, photography, video, and more.
- A minimum of two years experience designing for print and digital applications.
- Extreme proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Deep proficiency with computers with experience using both PC and Mac platforms.
- Clear understanding of graphic design standards and practices, including print terminology, web standards, file types and strengths, color management, and file management.
- Ability to design for, quote, and order print materials with vendors using a variety of substrates, colors, inks, and finishing techniques, with an understanding of standard pricing for goods and services.
- Ability to prepare files for digital media taking into account application, file size, viewership, and brand standards.
- Working knowledge of Word Press/Drupal or similar front end web content creation and management and novice-level knowledge of HTML.
- Basic photography and video skills and ability to batch edit photography and footage.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premier and/or comparable video editing software.
- Strong personal and professional organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE:
- Prior writing/blogging experience
- Emerging technologies/early adopter
- Social media in a professional setting
- Designing for packaging and packaged goods
|Compensation & Benefits||
Funky Buddha Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be based on skills and experience. Funky Buddha offers subsidized health insurance for full-time employees along with vision and dental benefits, paid vacation, and paid holidays.