|Company||Palm Beach County Sports Commission
|Title||Sports Marketing and Development Coordinator
|City||West Palm Beach
The Palm Beach County Sports Commission is a private, not-for-profit organization contracted by Palm Beach County to promote and market the County as a sports destination. The Commission recruits sporting events and activities through business development programs that enhance economic impact, stimulate bed tax revenues, and maximize utilization of facilities in Palm Beach County.
The Marketing and Development Coordinator works with the Sports Development/Marketing and the Communications/Digital Marketing departments to promote Palm Beach County as a sports destination and attract a variety of state, regional, national, and international sporting events to Palm Beach County. The position takes an active role in the development of relationships with community and corporate partners and implementing marketing strategies as directed by the Palm Beach County’s sports marketing and business development plan. The person manages sports marketing/development initiatives, public and community relations.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and execute sports marketing initiatives
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to enhance the Sports Commission’s brand within the sports event marketplace
- Oversee the integration of digital media and content marketing strategies
- Manage monthly newsletter content
- Maintain and manage company website content and deploy e-marketing campaigns
- Create press releases and media alerts, etc.
- Update and organize media database
- Distribute and track press releases, media alerts, etc.
- Develop and prepare bid presentations and proposals for event hosting opportunities
- Develop event layouts and enhance bid presentations
- Maintain and update the Sports Commission’s database of event rights holders and sports organizations that own event properties.
- Promote Sports Commission produced and supported events as directed
- Assist in executing marketing plans for events as needed
- Coordinate execution of sponsorship benefits as reflected in grant contracts or partnership agreements
- Research and develop corporate/community partnerships and relationships
- Identify in-kind partnerships to support sports events in Palm Beach County
- Build sponsorship packages to obtain support for sports events
Grants for Non-Contract Projects
- Research new grant opportunities
- Track grants through application process
- Track existing grants through execution and implementation
- Adhere to the policies and procedures as laid out in the employee manuals
- Complete other assigned duties as requested by Director of Sports Development/Marketing and Director of Communications/Digital Marketing
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in critical thinking and creativity
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational skills that will enable the managing of multiple projects
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools
- Team oriented
- Proficient in Creative Suites, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point
- Proficient in Digital/Social media
- Website management or development
- Event, communications, marketing and/or public relations experience desirable
- Business or Marketing degree preferred with a minimum 3 years of experience
|Compensation & Benefits||