|Title||Channel Marketing Manager
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Graco, Baby Jogger, Aprica, Goody, Irwin, Lenox, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Coleman, First Alert, FoodSaver, Jostens, K2, NUK, Oster, Rawlings, Sunbeam and Yankee Candle. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
The role of this job is to commercialize sales and marketing programs within all channels of distribution and to identify channel-specific business-building opportunities; work cross functionally to deliver sales and profit results through commercialization of the overarching brand/trade strategies to the customer/channel.
- Develop channel strategy for Dollar Channel and Regional Mass customers.
- Contributes and executes priorities set by VP/ Director.
- Recommends and tracks success metrics.
- Executes strategy as appropriate.
Channel Planning and Execution
- Leads the annual channel management planning process relative to area of responsibility.
- Helps align planning process with Newell Brands and customer planning through the line review process.
- Understands business, brand, and customer priorities and uses the planning process to find common ground.
- Recommends priorities and drives synergies across customers and brands within area of responsibility.
- Conduct a situation assessment, including analysis of primary and secondary data across market, shopper, and the channel / region.
- Makes category management recommendations to optimize performance of shelf set, such as optimal SKU assortment, merchandising and shelf/ catalog layout.
- Leads annual plan development and calendar of activities for channel.
- Develops a calendar of activities and rationale within scope of responsibility.
- Develop program financial and non-financial success metrics based on previous performance. Measures progress and recommends improvements.
- Preparation of financial analysis to ensure plans meet financial requirements
- Provides appropriate POS measurements to aid in the decision making process and analysis
- Execute the plan including promotional programs, such as in-store merchandising signage or displays, retailer feature ads, events (trade shows), and channel-specific marketing support materials. Ensures consistency with brand guidelines and point of sale.
- Lead the line review preparation process, collaborating with Sales and Brand / Product Management. Works to drive pre-sell activity with customer, manage/drive expectations, and establish mutual goals for the meeting.
Pricing and Trade Fund Guidance
- Recommends channel perspective and needs for pricing.
- Analyzes account pricing and distribution for NWL and competitive brands.
- Communicates retailer margin and pricing expectations
- Analyzes channel promotional pricing and pricing activity in line with programming requirements and cost-to-serve, to ensure they are within Brand pricing guardrails. Highlights any inconsistencies to management.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports potential impact of pricing exceptions on channel.
- Analyzes NWL brand and competitive price within area of responsibility. Recommends potential pricing actions.
- Understands what trade funds or customer program spend is available or needed for programming.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of trade spend within area of responsibility.
Market, Shopper, and Channel / End-User Insights
- Compile and analyze market, shopper / end-user, and channel knowledge gaps and creates a summary for the business to review.
- Manage timelines and lead deliverables for all line reviews.
- Analyzes profiles of competitors and channel customers using primary and secondary research and data.
- Gathers competitive and marketplace intelligence and share with the organization, ultimately constructing a competitive profile and comp shop analysis.
- 5 - 7 Years Work Experience
- Experience with a CPG or durable company, ideally in channel management, brand management, insights. or sales, preferably with Dollar Channel and Regional Mass
- Leading a team of people to achieve results.
- Collaborating with partners and other organizations to achieve results
- Four year College/University degree
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Up to 25% travel may be required
|Compensation & Benefits||