|Title||Graphic Design Internship - Fall '17
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for assisting with a wide variety of marketing projects for our various lines of business at AFL. This is an exciting opportunity for a college student to learn from industry leading creatives and designers and to gain work experience while using their education. This individual will be immersed in a variety of marketing aspects preparing the individual for a career in business, marketing, or graphic design, marketing, communications, or business.
The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for:
- Executing changes and updates to data sheets, brochures, programs, catalogs and product profiles.
- Designing and preparing community and PR projects (flyers, posters, logos, etc.)
- Supporting the marketing department on a wide variety other projects through implementing design solutions.
- Must currently be a student at a four year college or university with a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Experience creating graphics working with appropriate tools
- Working knowledge of digital file preparation for a variety of print media
- Computer illustration, photography, and photo retouching experience a plus
- Creative graphical capabilities
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.)
- Experience with Dreamweaver a plus
- The knowledge of how to prepare digital files for a variety of print media.
- Task oriented with the ability to execute a given project from start to finish in a timely manner.
- Strong ‘team player’ skills enabling collaboration within marketing communications team as well as select interaction with the various business units within AFL.
- All candidates must provide a portfolio of their work to Mary Beth Blum at mary.blum@AFLglobal.com
- Must work at least 20 hours a week during the internship term and a minimum of three days each week
- Available terms - Summer 2017
Competencies for Success:
- Detail-oriented with strong design skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, but also work as a contributing member of the Marketing Communications team.
- Enthusiasm for the design process.
Personal Profile Attributes:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in time-sensitive situations; aptitude to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; customer-focused.
|Compensation & Benefits||