|Title||Marketing Communications Internship - Fall '17
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
The Marketing Communications Intern is responsible for assisting with a wide variety of Marketing Communications projects for our various lines of business at AFL. This is an exciting opportunity for a college student to gain important work experience while using their education. This individual will be immersed in a variety of marketing aspects preparing the individual for a career in marketing, communications, business, customer service, or sales.
- Assist with specific writing assignments (press releases, case studies, collateral research and preparation, website research, etc.)
- Prepare documents and assist with website content entry
- Work closely on various community-related projects, including creative development, event planning, and writing
- Assist with trade show logistics and coordination
- Assist with a variety of special projects as needed
- Contribute to the overall success of the Marketing Communications team
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field; at least a sophomore at a 4 year accredited university with a minimum 2.75 GPA. In certain instances, other liberal arts majors may be applicable to this internship.
- Computer/Technical skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
- Available terms - Summer 2017 and fall 2017
Competencies for Success:
- Detail-oriented with strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, but also work as a contributing member of the Marketing Communications team
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is advantageous
Personal Profile Attributes:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in time-sensitive situations; aptitude to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; tireless attention to detail; customer-focused and quality-driven.
|Compensation & Benefits||