Duties and Responsibilities:
(ISC)2 Security Congress Team Player - Manage logistical planning with event partner for our annual event, which will include the following but not limited to:
- Work with the venue on A/V and room requirements for Pre-conference and Conference sessions via banquet event order, site visits and A/V contract.
- Customer support to all staff and attendees who have inquiries about the event
- Book and manage the conference speaker reception, member/attendee party and town hall meeting & reception.
- Manage the entire room block (250 room nights) for staff, judges, advisory council members, board members and instructors.
- On-site support for registration and speakers
Coordinate with (ISC)² partner(s) on collecting co-marketing deliverables
Track tasks for all events and awards
Provide staff support which includes scheduling, managing the hotel block, ordering uniforms, and providing agendas.
Develop instructional documents as needed
Update and add content to (ISC)² website for the following: Sponsors, Events, Awards, eNewsletter article, webinars, InfoSecurity Professional Magazine and other member benefits
Collect webinar deliverables from sponsor or speakers
Corporate brand manager for all (ISC)2 Awards program
System owner for the (ISC)2 Awards program software
Manage program for 4 additional awards given out annually (President’s, F. Lynn McNulty, Wade and Tipton)
Manage the annual (ISC)2 Americas Information Security Leadership Awards programs, including:
- Work with the venue on banquet event orders, room set-up, A/V requirements, staff room block and other pre-event logistics as they come up.
- Manage entire nomination process including the set-up and management of all three portals of the nomination software (Administrator, Nominator and Judge portals) Management of nominees and finalists, Invitations, seating chart, onsite registration, speaker rehearsal and all onsite logistics.
- Recruitment and management of Judges and judge committee, scoring period and scoring meeting as well as other tasks as presented.
- Manage all vendor contracts for entertainment, décor, photography and other event add-ons to enhance the customer experience.
- Creative elements/copy writing including program guide, signage, online banners, script, PowerPoint, Website updates
- Create sponsorship packages based on program, event location and theme
- Ordering Awards
Tracking of actual expenses against budgets
Facilitator for Board of Directors Nominations Program
- At least four years’ experience in marketing or events planning and logistics required.
- Resourceful, with ability to calmly problem solve in last-minute or stressful situations.
- Proactive, hands-on individual with the ability to multi-task, manage time and resources effectively and prioritize with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding writing/editing skills, and ability to adapt writing style as necessary to communicate through varied publications, proposals, website and collateral materials
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to develop promotional copy
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize work
- Superior organizational and planning skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- High sense of urgency.
- Willingness to do what it takes to meet goals while maintaining the absolute highest standards in terms of honesty, integrity and business ethics.
- Interact with the greater cybersecurity community, and represent the organization tactfully and diplomatically
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills with members, partners, customers, and internal team members alike, exhibiting focus and drive for business building and working collaboratively with (ISC)² employees to help execute our mission and vision
- Self-starter who provides creative and pragmatic solutions to business issues and problems
- A positive, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, energy and enthusiasm – a true team player
- Creativity and flexibility as well as a positive, professional attitude are a must
- BA/BS strongly recommended. Candidates without a degree but possess additional experience may be considered.
Physical & Mental:
- Regular daily attendance at the ISC2 office
- In addition to business hours, this individual must have the flexibility to travel and to work as necessary from time to time.
- Work extended hours or overtime, when necessary
- Work in an office environment using dual monitor computer screens
- Sitting for extended periods