|City||Research Triangle Park
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) enables people to make powerful connections--whether in business, education, philanthropy, or creativity. Cisco hardware, software, and service offerings are used to create the Internet solutions that make networks possible--providing easy access to information anywhere, at any time.
Cisco was founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University. Since the company's inception, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies. Today, with more than 71,000 employees worldwide, this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in the company's core development areas of routing and switching, as well as in advanced technologies such as home networking, IP telephony, optical networking, security, storage area networking, and wireless technology. In addition to its products, Cisco provides a broad range of service offerings, including technical support and advanced services.
Cisco sells its products and services, both directly through its own sales force as well as through its channel partners, to large enterprises, commercial businesses, service providers, and consumers.
About the team:
Employee Communications is responsible for helping to bring Our People Deal to life—what employees can expect of Cisco. And what Cisco expects of its employees. We do this by shaping and amplifying content that informs and entertains employees. And by hosting events, activities and forums that engage and inspire them. The team is comprised of communication experts who support key areas of our business. We’re responsible for helping employees understand our business priorities by using data and listening and communicating with clear, distinct and actionable language. Employee Communications plays an important and exciting role in growing our ambassador community. These employees understand our company vision and strategy and support and advocate for Cisco as the “best place to work.”
About the role:
This is a global role. In this role you will work with the strategy lead to bring our Moments that Matter to life. Moments that Matter are the experiences that make a difference to our culture. There are 11 Moments, each with its own set of benefits to improve employee’s experiences. In this role you are responsible for creating the strategy – then executing on that strategy – for 6 out of the 11 Moments that Matter. The Moments are: My First Impression, My Last Impression, My Personal Experiences, My Rewards, My Technology. You will work with the strategy lead and program leads to create the message for each moment, create the foundational communications (ex: copy blocks), define and create the deliverables, and write communications to inform leaders and employees. In addition you will help connect Our People Deal and Moments That Matter to innovation and technology.
About the ideal candidate:
You are passionate about culture. You thrive in a fast paced environment. You connect people and projects. You love story telling. You are an amazing writer. You are organized. You are detail oriented.
This position will create the strategy and execute communications for Moments that Matter:
- Create and execute the strategy for 6 of the Moments that Matter
- Create deliverables and communications to support these Moments
- Connect to our people, culture and Technology messaging and stories
- Support and input into the overall strategy for Moments that Matter and Our People Deal
- Track and analyze outcomes, feedback
- Collaborate. Be inclusive.
You have experience with:
- Collaborating with global, virtual teams
- Story-telling and writing
- Partnering with subject matter experts and translating their vision into powerful messaging
- Listening and adjusting to feedback
- Simple, clear, actionable language. Including readability tools such as Flesh-Kincaid
You’ll be successful if you:
- Lead with the business/employee objectives
- Are creative
- Tell stories with passion and write with simplicity
- Are flexible and adaptable - it’s our culture
- Use data to make good decisions
- 10+ years of Communications experience.
- Cisco experience a plus
|Compensation & Benefits||