|Company||Brandware Public Relations
|Title||Public Relations Intern
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
The Brandware Group, Inc. was founded in 2000 by Elke Martin and David Krysiek. Elke heads up theaward-winning Brandware Public Relations, David leadsBrandware Marketing Research. Before creating Brandware, Elke and David spent decades working for leading global brands in the automotive, luxury brand, consumer goods, association and media categories.
Brandware is a full-service, independently owned agency with a world-class client list and a talented team of public relations, social and digital media, marketing communications and market research professionals based in Atlanta (our headquarters), Los Angeles and Iowa City.
Our culture values a strong work ethic, high energy, actionable analysis and measurable output. It’s a culture that’s fueled remarkable growth, thanks to a community of long-term clients who know we live and breathe their brands as enthusiastically as they do.
A Brandware internship is your ticket to a brilliant communications future! Why? Because you’ll learn every aspect of agency life, including face-to-face client work, in one three-month period. And, you get a regular paycheck while acquiring all the skills you need to launch your career.
This internship is a paid, 40-hours per week opportunity that requires a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or a related discipline, along with a minimum of one relevant prior internship.
The primary purpose of a Brandware internship is to provide on-the-job training that prepares the intern for an entry-level position within an agency environment. To gain that experience, the intern supports daily work related to Brandware client accounts as well as other agency needs.
Provide account administrative support as needed, such as meeting notes and project tracking; copying, scanning and distribution of press or client materials; setting up conference calls, travel logistics and meetings; other general account and office duties.
Participate in account planning, creative and strategy sessions; proactively offer ideas to improve the client experience and account results; participate in off-site client meetings as needed.
Editorial and Content Creation
Research and draft original press and client materials for external and internal distribution, including press releases, pitches, presentations, social media; repurpose/edit supplied content for new applications, such as social media posts, case studies or other collateral.
Research, identify opportunities, and secure print and online media placements based on assigned pitching objectives; research and qualify new media contacts, establish positive new media relationships that benefit the agency and its clients; turnkey fulfillment of incoming media requests, such as images, data and interview requests; schedule and distribute press materials via email, wire services and other appropriate outlets.
Assist with planning and execution of on-site and off-site events as assigned, including product launches, media programs, employee programs, customer events, trade shows, press conferences, etc.
Measurement and Tracking
Utilize agency, client or other third-party tools, such as BurrellesLuce, Meltwater, Sprout Social, etc.; develop client reports that present the agency’s results and successes. Become an expert in developing on-target media lists using the agency’s Cision tool.
Candidate Core Capabilities:
- Energetic, positive personality with a passion for learning and proven strong work ethic
- High level of organizational skills with the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Articulate communicator, including excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong command of grammar, punctuation, spelling and AP Style
- Ability to write grammatically correct, creative content under deadline (writing test to be administered)
- Ability to analyze news coverage, third-party research, etc., to identify trends, news hooks and fresh ideas that can result in client media coverage
- Active user of social media with the ability to create, post and distribute content on all major platforms (experience with advertising on these channels in addition to Google AdWords and Google Analytics, a plus)
- Working knowledge of basic agency tools and resources, such as an electronic media database like Cision, preferred
- A competent user of Microsoft Office suite with the ability to work effectively with a document management system
|Compensation & Benefits||