|Company||Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
|Title||Senior Manager Internal Communications
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager Internal Communications, located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV) is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Senior Manager Internal Communications is primarily responsible for development and execution of a strategic global internal communications plan for Johnson & Johnson Vision that helps drive employee engagement, alignment with business objectives and ultimately industry-leading performance. This role encompasses Leader communications (through Town Halls and other Forums), oversight of the company news portal, content development and curation, and broad-based employee engagement efforts both within our company and externally in our communities to advance the reputation of J&J Vision. The position will oversee community awareness and engagement efforts (company sponsorships, awards, charitable contributions and elected official headquarter site visits). He/she works closely with JJV leadership teams, the worldwide JJV Communications Team and cross both the Vision Care and Surgical business platforms to develop and implement integrated, internal communication programs that will drive employee engagement and a culture supportive of industry-leading performance.
- Working with JJV Leadership Teams, the WW Communications Team and regional partners to define, execute and measure internal communications plans and drive employee engagement.
- Liaison with the WW JJV Communications Team and cross-functionally with Commercial, Research and Development, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Quality, etc. to formulate a holistic story and internal communications plan with an emphasis on driving employee outcomes and performance.
- Propose and manage purposeful cadence of Leader engagement across the JJV business that will educate and inspire workforce to action. Includes development of overarching message and channel management to help ensure message is effective across multiple channels (quarterly Leadership Forums, All-Employee Town Halls, Global and Regional Meetings, all the while working to ensure consistent messaging and impact across geographies).
- Develop internal communications strategy aligned to business priorities and partner with People Leader channel to ensure all employees understand the strategy and their role in delivering against it.
- Provide strategic internal communications counsel and support during times of opportunity (i.e. National Training Meeting(s), Functional Town Halls, company issues, etc.)
- Manage agencies and/or consultants and assigned budget as needed to amplify internal and community relations efforts.
- Develop partnerships with key functions (HR, finance, and manufacturing) to drive relevant messaging that tells holistic corporate story about our impact in eye health.
- Collaborate with Sector (both Consumer and Medical Device) and Corporate HQ (New Brunswick) colleagues as it relates to larger enterprise-wide communications opportunities. Advocate for eye health story inclusion to advance reputation of J&J enterprise as an innovative healthcare leader.
- Serve as company’s liaison to our Jacksonville and Santa Ana headquarters’ communities, including media representatives and philanthropic organizations supported by the company.
- Develop PR programs and publicity strategies designed to elevate awareness of the company, its presence in Jacksonville/Santa Ana and involvement in local philanthropic activities.
- Manage local media inquiries, and serve as media spokesperson.
- Serve as primary liaison with J&J’s state and local government affairs team members who are building and maintaining relationships with elected officials.
- Create and lead the execution of a cohesive strategy for charitable giving that will enhance the company’s brand reputation with trade/industry and local stakeholders.
- With the support of a Communications Specialist, coordinates charitable/volunteerism events working in conjunction with Employee Resource Groups.
- Serve as liaison to key industry associations and groups that work in conjunction with the company to generate positive publicity.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree is required
- A degree in Communications is preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in communication with a focus on internal (employee and leadership) communications and external corporate communications. Employee engagement campaigns, media relations, issues management experience is required.
- Must have demonstrated track record of advising and partnering with senior leaders on holistic internal communications campaigns that drive business outcomes.
- Must have track record of developing and executing integrated internal and external communications campaigns with strong results.
- Minimum of one (1) year of current or prior change management experience is required with demonstrated track record of communications that successfully lead an organization through change.
- Experience in consumer and/or healthcare industry is preferred
- Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence is required
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and matrix environment is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to oversee agency partners is required
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations is preferred
- Key problem-solving skill in developing communication strategies and actions is required
- High degree of independent judgment and decision making is required
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL and may require up to 10% domestic travel with the possibility of international
|Compensation & Benefits||