We've come a long way since 1930.
Throughout our history, our associates and customers have helped Publix grow from a single store into the largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States. We thank them by remaining deeply dedicated to customer service and community involvement, and being a great place to work. We've earned numerous awards for these efforts.
The Senior Copywriter writes advertising copy and marketing content for all customer-facing communications. The majority of the work is for print channels but could also include digital, broadcast, and radio. You will work with an award-winning, in-house, creative team of Art Directors, Designers, and Copywriters to help concept and execute advertising campaigns for a wide variety of products and marketing initiatives. As part of the Creative Services team, you will play a key role in crafting and preserving the Publix brand. The Senior Copywriter is a member of a Creative Concept Team and reports to a Creative Director.
- participates in the creative process with Art Directors to create original, unique, relevant and effective concepts (ideas) and messaging that meet marketing business objectives,
- writes clear, persuasive copy in the Publix voice to meet marketing objectives,
- directs external resources in the execution of broadcast (TV/radio)/video production consistent with brand objectives,
- supervises, directs the work of the lower-level writers and fosters their professional growth,
- dedicates time to Marketing innovation and quality improvement and stays up to date on industry and market trends, and
- works on special Creative Services-related assignments, which include but are not limited to: participating in discussions about creative strategy, designing presentations for Creative leadership and developing content for Marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in general field with emphasis on writing, or equivalent experience,
- 1 year experience as Copywriter, or 3 years’ experience in advertising writing,
- knowledge of the English language, to effectively write and proof copy and communicate effectively with consumers and fellow associates,
- knowledge of industry and market trends,
- demonstrated creativity in developing solutions to advertising design problems,
- demonstrated and highly skilled writing ability to make effective concepts and copy,
- effective communication and presentation skills,
- effective collaboration skills,
- ability to manage multiple projects at the same time,
- ability to evaluate creative work for effectiveness against established creative strategies and objectives,
- skilled in concepting a variety of elements (ads, brochures, posters, packaging, signs, etc.),
- passion for delivering great work and meaningful results,
- computer skills including Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office,
- willingness to work late hours and during weekends,
- willingness to travel up to several days at a time with occasional overnight stays,
- obvious enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work, and
- commitment to Publix and our mission.
- Bachelors or art/advertising school degree in advertising, English, or journalism,
- 3 years as a Copywriter, or 5 years’ experience in advertising writing,
- computer skills in Keynote,
- knowledge of business objectives,
- knowledge of the Publix brand and lines of business, and/or
- knowledge of Publix target customer.
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).