|Title||Marketing Account/Project Manager
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Founded in 1995, Jackson Spalding is one of the largest independent marketing communications agencies in the Southeastern United States, serving clients around the world with offices in Atlanta, Dallas, and Athens, Ga. Our clients run the gamut from Fortune 500 companies like Chick-fil-A, Delta Air Lines, Rollins/Orkin and the Coca-Cola Company to professional services firms, banks, colleges and universities, start-ups, and many more.
We are a low-ego environment. We don’t have job titles but we do have roles to play. We emphasize teamwork, collaboration, humility and a leadership style that focuses on service above self. We get excited about creative and entrepreneurial thinking (regardless of role), outstanding client service, high energy and a positive attitude.
Jackson Spalding is a marketing/communications agency for those with a genuine passion for their craft and a desire for continuous learning to grow personally and professionally. We are looking for a Marketing Account/Project Manager who possess the five Cs that represent the foundation of our culture: character, class, confidence, chemistry and competency. We need self-starters ready to roll their sleeves up and dive headfirst into the work we create for our clients.
The Marketing Account/Project Manager will be the day-to-day owner of the client relationship for a specific and significant piece of client business. We will rely on your marketing and communications skills and business sense to lead the elements of this client relationship, including project management, internal team management and client management.
- Be the day-to-day contact for clients and our internal team.
- Draft core client communications such as briefs and Scope of Work documents including timelines, budgets and descriptions of deliverables.
- Lead interface with clients, creative teams, production and other internal and external teams.
- Drive multi-channel program and campaign development.
- Coordinate team meetings and client presentations.
- Be the organizational center of projects – manage projects, problem solve, and lead seamless execution.
- Track project budgets and scopes, assessing estimates to actuals, managing change orders as needed.
- Quickly gain thorough knowledge of client and agency contacts, needs, preferences and overall business.
- Be a quick learner.
- Understand and manage details of a campaign within a larger business picture.
- Works with other internal groups to develop effective strategies, briefings and creative, studio and strategic work.
- Participate in the presentation and selling of plans, budgets, campaigns and projects.
- Strong communicator and experience presenting information, both orally and in writing.
- MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Basic understanding and willingness to learn Basecamp or other project management tools.
- Extreme organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to shorter deadlines when called for.
- A strong, independent work ethic, ability to give clear direction and require minimal supervision.
- Welcomes constructive feedback.
- Positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Two to three years’ agency experience.
- Logistics industry client experience a plus.
|Compensation & Benefits||