|Company||Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau
|Title||Associate Director of Sales/Marketing
|Region||Central and South Georgia
The Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau brings convention and travel business into Columbia County, Georgia, by promoting Columbia County and area resources and assets to meeting planners, group tour operators, travel writers and prospective visitors.
This position performs the sales and marketing operations of the Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau under the supervision of the Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau Executive Director. The position assists in the management of all sales and marketing activities and programs under the direction of the Executive Director in support of the mission and goals of the CVB to promote tourism activities for the Columbia County area. Additionally, supervises and coordinates all convention servicing including, tours, ground transportation/shuttles, and other logistics.
The incumbent may be required to stoop, bend, stretch, and lift objects weighing fifty (50) pounds or less. The work of the position is primarily in an office environment; however, the incumbent may be required to travel throughout the State of Georgia and the southeastern United States to promote Columbia County tourism at trade events.
Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations, tourism, business management, or other related field from an accredited College or University preferred. Past marketing/sales experience will be considered in lieu of requested education. Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license. Salary range $34,863.40 - $60,538.50, DOQ.
- Assists in development of a marketing plan for Columbia County CVB for review by Executive Director including creative, innovative marketing programs and ideas.
- Assists Executive Director in networking with Columbia County hoteliers, restaurants and retail outlets to foster good working relationships to understand needs and expectations.
- Participates in Hospitality Council meetings with Executive Director.
- Develops, maintains, and manages methods to grow database of potential clients in all market segments
- Provides an annual report of leads received, source of the lead, and annual ROI of lead generation.
- Distributes leads to local suppliers.
- Drafts proposals and other correspondence with direction of Executive Director.
- Works with appropriate event staff in hotels and other facilities to ensure event details and customer needs and expectations are covered.
- Attends trade shows on behalf of CVB, either in a solicitation or servicing role.
- Coordinates special projects (e.g., press tours, mass direct mail, and trade show), with assistance of Executive Director.
- Provides lead sheets once we have been invited to bid on a meeting or convention, to be distributed to hotels, and other facilities (e.g., Savannah Rapids Pavilion, Belair Conference Center, etc.) as appropriate.
- Serves as the central clearinghouse for all bid presentations, providing clients with a single impartial representative to gather information and assist them with meeting all of their needs.
- Prepares formal bid response for all qualifying replies from all lodging and space rental for formal RFPs.
- Makes bid presentations in absence of Executive Director.
- When selected as site for event/meeting, sends definite booking letter to CVB-booked meetings, conventions, and tournaments.
- Assists Executive Director with routine follow-up questions of meeting planners.
- Conducts site inspections as backup to or with Executive Director.
- Participates and helps Executive Director plan multi-day sales blitzes and customer events in market cities
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, prepares an annual marketing and financial report for Columbia County CVB Board review and dissemination to community partners.
- Solicits and supports opportunities for creative means of sharing the CCCVB message.
- Designs, creates, produces, and manages these opportunities whenever they occur. (i.e., display at the Visitor Information Center, display at the airport, etc.)
- Works directly with all media to create favorable publicity to further goals of the Columbia County CVB.
- Responsible for the maintenance of www.columbiacountyitshere.com website and updates on social media sites.
- Writes articles for bi-monthly newsletter and creates monthly ePostcards (utilizing Constant Contact) to targeted email addresses.
- Travels with or without Executive Director to promote Columbia County as a destination for any and all viable markets.
- Maintains listing of changes needed in Columbia County Visitors Guide annually.
- Assists with organization and implementation of travel writer press tours.
- Participates in promotional projects and county events as appropriate.
- Writes promotional literature as required.
- Responsible for assisting in the development, production, and distribution of marketing tools including
- Publicity, programs, audio-visual aids, publications and exhibits.
- Maintains Columbia County kiosks at state visitor’s centers.
- Responds to all visitor inquiries from mail, walk-in and telephone not completed by Administrative Intern in a prompt and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILTIES:
- Good writing, speaking, and organizational skills.
- Proficient with computer programs, power point presentations, desktop publishing, excel spreadsheets, QuickBooks, and computer graphics for publication design and formatting.
- Available for meetings, promotions, weekend special events, and other CVB activities as they occur.
- Knowledge of the sales process preferred.
- Knowledge of media and public relations, promotional programming and tourism industry preferred
- Proven record of accomplishments, programs and marketing endeavors conducted in the tourism or marketing industry.
- Self-starting abilities and professional appearance required.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations, tourism, business management, or other related field from an accredited College or University preferred.
- Past marketing/sales experience will be considered in lieu of requested education.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Salary range $34,863.40 - $60,538.50, DOQ.