|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
|City||Kennedy Space Center
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Its portfolio includes high-profile venues ranging from sports stadiums, entertainment complexes, national parks, restaurants, airports, and some of the top regional casinos in the country. The company also owns a selection of award-winning destination resorts, as well as a series of premium restaurants and catering services that are leaders in the industry. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates serving half a billion guests in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
Our Exciting Work Environment:
Feel the rumble of a lift off on the Shuttle Launch Experience, journey through space in the IMAX theaters with Hubble 3D, and meet a real veteran NASA astronaut who was one of the few people on this Earth to travel through space. At Kennedy Space Center you have the rare opportunity to learn about the brilliant engineering behind the magnificent rockets and telescopes that make space travel possible.
This position is responsible fordesigning, managing and creating, from concept phase to final, all graphic communications, both print and digital, to support marketing, sales, content, and operations for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex including static and digital signage, exhibit components, marketing collateral materials, direct marketing, web graphics, email graphics, promotional items, event support materials, and special projects.
Plays a major role in the production and installation of graphic and exhibit components including digital graphic printing and mounting, and component fabrication and installation.
- Creates aesthetically pleasing designs, concepts and sample layouts based on art direction and brand guidelines for use in on-property signage, exhibit and marketing materials and outbound marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with marketing team on the creation, trafficking and archival of all print and electronic marketing, collateral materials such as brochures, magazines, newsletters, ads, renderings, photography, etc.
- Collaboration with the content and exhibits teams to create design elements that will be produced and fabricated and installed as part of the Visitor Complex's permanent and temporary graphic, exhibits, digital media, building signage and signage for programs.
- Participates actively in a team environment planning and implementing - requiring collaboration with curators, educators, museum exhibition and support staff and contracted vendors, fabrication companies and craftsmen. Requires a considerable amount of image research across several NASA and other space industry resources.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to provide design support in online design elements, social media design and layout, as well as create compelling email templates for marketing campaigns.
- Helps maintain relationships with and collaborates on projects between agencies and vendors who provide marketing support – advertising agency, digital agency, signage vendors, printers, etc.
- Provides design, re-design and/or implementation of branding and identity solutions for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Helps monitor brand usage across the visitor complex maintaining consistency in brand identity – color palette, font choices, photography and imagery style, voice, etc.
- Collaborates with team on the design and development of presentations (PowerPoint, Adobe PDF)
- Utilizes all aspects of the pre-press process to prepare files for offset and digital printing. Review printers proof and attend press checks to ensure quality execution of all materials.
- Assist in the shooting of both photography and video, when necessary. Moderate video editing and the uploading and adjustment for appropriate marketing formats. Uploading and adjustment of photography for all marketing formats.
- Acts as Graphic asset manager - catalogs, manages and stores all graphic marketing collateral, signage and advertising in company electronic filing system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Art, Design Communications, Digital Design/Communications.
- Five years experience as a Graphic Designer producing in the traditional and digital space.
- Responsible to protecting, registering and tracking numerous intellectual properties of the company including copy rights, and service marks.
- Management of media and creative development jobs including individual project budget oversight
- A creative problem solver with excellent computer design skills, including graphics in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Power Point
- HTML experience, as well as responsive design execution
- Strong illustration skills
- Written and oral communications skills required.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Must be flexible in a rapidly changing environment and able to handle multiple projects at one time with the ability to blend together the direction and feedback from several stakeholder into a solution that works for all.
- Personable and social.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining good working relationships with others in the department the company and suppliers.
- Must have a solid understanding of marketing theory and best practices and the ability to apply this knowledge to the development of compelling creative design solutions.
|Compensation & Benefits||