|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
Kemper at a glance:
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Kemper is seeking a Communications Specialist to help create materials, campaigns, and messaging that meets the needs of our customer groups.
In this role you will define and support our market position through development of sales and marketing messages. Serve as an expert in creating marketing and social media content that targets customers and other key audiences to advance sales and marketing goals and successfully deliver ROI. Develop an understanding of business initiatives, competitive challenges, and audiences to ensure the content produced utilizes the right message, voice, tone, and readership levels to effectively educate, inform, and influence. You will also serve on project teams, providing communications representation and support. Participates in strategic message development and completes selected reporting and analysis work. Occasional travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Insurance or related field
- 4+ years professional experience in Communications
- Experience with social media and promotion
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred experience or expertise in the property/casualty insurance industry
- Ability to strategize with stakeholders to create compelling content for the target readership
- Strong and sophisticated written and verbal communication skills
- Refined attention to detail, organizational skills, and an eye for consistency
- Ability to multitask and perform in high-pressure situations under tight deadlines
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
|Compensation & Benefits||
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
- Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.