|Title||Corporate Communications Manager
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
The Suddath Companies is a multifaceted group of companies that specialize in worldwide corporate employee relocations, household moving, warehouse and logistics management and specialized transportation services.
Responsible for day-to-day management of strategy, development, and measurement of internal employee communications/engagement AND external corporate communications. This can include any and all aspects of marketing communications, public relations, recruiting and training support, and event management by performing the following duties personally or with teammates.
Internal Communications Responsibilities:
- Works cross-functionally across marketing communications departments and human resources to develop strategic employee messaging and communications plan aligned with corporate objectives and branding initiatives.
- Manage corporate communications content and calendar.
- Preparation of internal messaging to the employees including written or video announcements, speeches, and presentations.
- Coordinate, communicate and oversee successful execution of internal events, town hall sessions, engagement initiatives etc, ensuring employees are engaged in company initiatives.
- Coordinate participation and collateral/messaging needs for recruiting efforts including tradeshows, career fairs, digital platforms and more.
- Employee communications support to ensure successful talent onboarding, training, retention, motivation and engagement. Includes management and usage of organizational human capital management platform and its digital training and messaging capabilities.
- Manage the development of global internal communications infrastructure and governance including a socially-enabled centralized intranet platform and other internal communications and collaboration tools needed to drive internal awareness and engagement.
External Communications Responsibilities:
- Identify public relations opportunities locally and nationally
- Create and distribute corporate marketing communications efforts which include newsletters, articles, press releases, announcements.
- Manage social media content for corporate office
Job skills required:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent writing, grammar and content/copywriting skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Must be able to communicate well with others using listening skills to identify concepts and determine relevance.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers, vendors and service partners.
- Must be well-organized and have the ability to meet deadline pressures while handling multiple projects at the same time.
- Teamwork and superior interpersonal skills a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- At least 5 years experience in a corporate environment related to human resources, communications or marketing.
- Preferred experience includes: knowledge of transportation, relocation or logistics industry and AP (associated-press) writing style.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook
Certificates and Licenses:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
|Compensation & Benefits||