|Title||Social and Content Marketing Strategist
As of September 30, 2016, BB&T is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S. with $222.6 billion in assets and market capitalization of $30.6 billion. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company operates 2,220 financial centers in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and offers a full range of consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage and insurance products and services. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T is consistently recognized for outstanding client satisfaction by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Greenwich Associates and others. BB&T also has been named one of the World's Strongest Banks by Bloomberg Markets Magazine, one of the top three in the U.S. and in the top 15 globally.
Develop valuable marketing content for social media platforms and marketing initiatives in support of key corporate objectives. Protect the BB&T brand and ensure brand consistency in external communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Provide content management services by developing, curating, writing, editing, publishing and archiving content to support social media, marketing automation campaigns and key marketing initiatives. Work closely with Marketing Strategy, Digital Channel, Corporate Communications, line of business subject matter experts, outside agencies and other partners as needed to source and produce content. Ensure all required approvals of content are obtained. Gather and analyze data to guide future content development.
- Manage the editorial calendar for the Bank's key social media platforms and the publishing of posts.
- Work with Creative Services and external partners to furnish creative assets for content projects and social media.
- Manage targeting, promotion, performance analytics and reporting of all social content in partnership with internal divisions and external agencies
- Support the digital marketing team and outside agencies on social advertising campaigns.
- Research and provide ongoing reporting related to social media platform changes and trends.
- Monitor social platforms and initiate response protocol when necessary.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing or Journalism, or equivalent education and related training
- Seven years of experience in advertising and marketing communications, including digital marketing and social media marketing
- Strong writing skills and experience in writing for social platforms and general marketing purposes
- Ability to analyze marketing research and data and develop and present reports to department leaders
- High level of competency in consulting to internal clients and in project management, including the creation, conceptualization and execution of projects requiring multiple resources across departments and functions
- High level of understanding of communications (e.g. digital, television, radio, print, outdoor, direct marketing, marketing collateral), and mass and targeted media
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to travel occasionally, sometimes overnight
- Experience in financial services industry
- Familiarity with social media community management and listening tools (e.g. Social Studio, Radian 6)
|Compensation & Benefits||