|Title||Assistant Marketing Coordinator
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial.
Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development.
In 2015, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.1 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.4 billion in 2015. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2016 by Forbes.
Do you excel in a fast-paced work environment? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team to develop innovative and creative solutions? Are you a thought leader focused on personal and professional development? If so, this job might be perfect for you. Skanska USA Building Inc. (Skanska) is looking for a full-time Assistant Marketing Coordinator in Durham, NC.
At Skanska, we build what matters. This means we deliver projects that improve the communities in which we live and work. By joining our marketing team, you’ll not only be a part of this positive impact, but you’ll also work with a collaborative and dynamic group that is fully supported and valued by our operations and business development teams.
Every day will be invigorating and challenging. Part of what keeps Skanska at the cutting edge of construction is our belief that our employees should always be learning new techniques and skills. As an Assistant Marketing Coordinator, you’ll be provided opportunities to broaden your knowledge of construction and marketing and to develop both professionally and personally. With Skanska, you will always be moving forward and putting your knowledge and imagination to work.
In this job, you’ll support our overall sales and marketing efforts for the national Skanska Integrated Solutions (SIS) group by taking on responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assisting in and producing, editing, assembling, printing and filing of qualifications, proposals and presentations
- Producing newsletters and other internal communications materials for the national SIS team
- Collecting and entering information into our project database
- Update resumes and project data in Cosential
- Participate in proposal kickoff meeting with project team
- Assist in gathering information for proposal(s)
- Work on assigned proposal sections
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite;
- The ability to think outside the box, multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to different communication styles;
- Data entry skills;
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals;
- A team-player mindset;
- A willingness to learn and work above and beyond;
- Determination and dependability.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Experience in the construction or design industry.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline;
- Entry level to 2 years of prior marketing related experience.
Work Environment/Job Conditions:
This job is performed in the office and requires frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent walking, standing, bending and reaching. Due to computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. You must be able to navigate jobsites and are expected to comply with all safety regulations. Work hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, as a highly deadline-driven and fast-paced environment, there will be projects and pursuits that may require time above and beyond the typical work schedule.
|Compensation & Benefits||