|Company||W.S. Badcock Corporation
|Title||Media Communications Coordinator
Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Responsible for implementing media communications to include insert run lists and various other spreadsheets for internal and vendor use. Responsible for follow through with store requests involving changes and updates to mailing and distribution profiles. Works with Advertising Director on radio, TV and promotional requests/buys.
- Responsible for coordination and submission of bi-monthly run lists and all follow-up reports.
- Provides support when necessary in the posting of general bulletins, to include writing, editing, approving and publishing.
- Field and direct responses to all media-related inquiries.
- Timely follow through and communication of store and internal requests.
- Serve as primary point of contact for external PR agency and clipping service, overseeing the relationships to ensure they are both efficient and effective.
- Serve as liaison to marketing/advertising function to offer PR support activities as appropriate.
- Build relationship with press contacts for industry, local and regional media to secure ongoing coverage of corporate activities (pitching story ideas, submitting articles, arranging interviews etc.)
- Special projects, as assigned by management.
- Participation in bi-annual dealer meetings.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree.
- Two to four years of practical experience.
- Two to five years of computer graphic / print media / PR experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or other desktop publishing programs, knowledge of AP style of press release writing, knowledge of electronic publishing technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with dealers, management and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
|Compensation & Benefits||
Employee Benefits Include:
- COMPETITIVE PAY
- 401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
- EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
- MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
- ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
- PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
- DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
- PERFORMANCE INCENTIVES