|Company||Country Club of Spartanburg
The Country Club of Spartanburg has been a landmark on the east side of Spartanburg, SC since 1908. Today our family focused Club offers a wide variety of recreation and social activities, coupled with unparalleled service, have earned us a reputation as one of the Carolina’s finest Clubs.
We are looking for an individual who wants to lead. A creative self-starter with an eye for detail. Demonstrated ability to drive an organizations communication/social media presence while working in a team environment. This person must be capable of engaging and managing fellow managers in order to be successful. Our Communications Manager oversees club wide communications in all forms: newsletter, website, facebook, sign-up genius, printed marketing materials, and more. This position also requires the ability to communicate effectively with our members.
The Communications Manager/Receptionist will be responsible for the following:
Web Site - Act as “product owner” of new external web site, powered by Jonas. Ensure the club maintains an effective and accurate web presence.
Mobile App - under consideration.
Email - Review and approve all bulk email messages for style, tone, and content. Prepare promotional/informational bulk email messages, as needed.
Print - Deliver excellence in timeliness, accuracy, design, layout, and ease of use for all print materials. Manage and edit the newsletter to inform and market club events and services.
Social Media - Manage and develop content for social media messaging. Improve the effectiveness of the club’s social media outlets.
Promotions - Effectively promote club events among our membership, using all communication methods available.
Brand Management - Oversee the look and feel of all club materials. Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness.
Manage the Communications budget.
- College degree
- At least 2 years’ experience in communications or marketing preferred, with increasing responsibilities and management
- Knowledge and expertise in print and digital design and development
- Knowledge and experience in web production
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Management and supervisory skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills including crafting and telling stories
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop a strategic communications plan
- Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize, and complete multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Proficiency inmultiple related software systems
Reports to: General Manager
Works with: Department Heads, Board and Committee Members
|Compensation & Benefits||
Job Status: Full-time (40 hrs./week) with benefits.