|Company||Advance Auto Parts
|Title||Digital Production Artist
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Advance Auto Parts, Inc., the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance operates over 5,200 stores, over 100 Worldpac branches and serves approximately 1,300 independently owned Carquest branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs approximately 74,000 Team Members.
Advance Auto Parts works hard to create an environment of honesty, integrity, mutual trust and dedication. Since our founding by Arthur Taubman in 1932, these values haven’t changed.
- Inspire and build the self-confidence and success of every Team Member.
- Serve our customers better than anyone else – help them succeed.
- Grow the business and profitability with integrity.
Production Artists will design and produce electronic art files for marketing purposes such as web pages, email campaigns, banner ads, roll overs, social media, etc. for a variety of internal and external facing projects. Projects are expected to be completed within a set timeline to ensure delivery according to determined deadlines. The Production Artist will support in developing concepts, improvements, processes, and solutions designed to yield strong materials that drive the Advance brand. The production artist will report to a Senior Designer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department, Vendors, Merchandising Department and other internal departments to design and produce individual projects and concepts for and produce final execution of layout for web pages, email campaigns, banner ads, roll overs, social media, etc. for a variety of internal and external facing projects.
- Prepare illustrations, photographs, and text for materials, products, or services and help maintain image resource files.
- The production artist should work with the senior designer to determine scope of the project. Must be able to work within set brand standards for layout, size of type, font type and overall look and feel of each project.
- Projects often go through revisions. At each stage, the Production Artist should work with the senior designer to work through revisions, issues or questions left on proofs, and to determine the changes that need to be made prior to the next proof, then present final layout to supervisor and requestor for approval.
- Create finished layout or prepare instructions and electronic file for final output for printer or vendor.
- Work with production personnel providing complete input and any instruction and supervision required to smoothly complete production of approved design. Provide all required specifications (inks, papers, sizes, etc.) to Production Department.
- Maintain equipment/supplies for use in the Creative Team and recommend upgrades for design-related computer hardware/software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The ability to organize and maintain multiple jobs simultaneously in fast-paced deadline-oriented environment is required.
- Proficiency on Macintosh computers and digital design-related programs and content management systems including Adobe Creative Suite, Life Ray, Open Source, and Websphere.
- Digital design experience is preferred. Coding experience is a plus.
- Ability to present designs and concepts to strategic partners and oversee/supervise design results with a wide variety of Team Members from other departments.
- Be able to track project time from beginning to end.
- Ability to organize and maintain multiple jobs simultaneously in a detail-oriented environment.
- Membership in National Advertising or Design organizations a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
|Compensation & Benefits||