|Company||Georgia Farm Bureau
|Title||PR & Communication Specialist
|Region||Central and South Georgia
The Georgia Farm Bureau Federation is Georgia's largest and strongest voluntary agricultural organization with more than 300,000 member families. It is an independent, non-governmental organization. The membership is mainly composed of farm families in rural communities and of people who want Georgia to be agriculturally successful, progressive and prosperous.
The Georgia Farm Bureau state office building is in Macon, a town with a metro population of nearly 400,000 located about an hour south of Atlanta. The Farm Bureau building houses all Georgia Farm Bureau Companies:
- Georgia Farm Bureau Federation
- Ga. Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co.
- Ga. Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Co.
- Georgia Farm Bureau Investment Co.
- Georgia Farm Bureau Holding Co.
- Georgia Farm Bureau Inc.
In addition to these corporate names, the Georgia Farm Bureau family includes other operating entities:
Certified Farm Markets is a program operated by our Georgia Farm Bureau Commodity/Marketing Department which promotes farmer-operated markets and Christmas Tree farms throughout the state.
The Georgia Farm Radio Network, a statewide farm broadcast network, is a joint venture of Georgia Farm Bureau, Inc. and Georgia News Network (GNN) / Clear Channel, Inc. The network, based at GFB, is carried by 59 Georgia radio stations.
The Georgia Farm Monitor is our weekly syndicated ag news television program broadcast throughout Georgia on 13 TV stations and nationally on the RFD-TV and FamilyNet networks, carried by Dish Network, DirecTV and a host of cable systems.
Formed in 1937 by 50 farmers, the Georgia Farm Bureau Federation continues to have a strong grassroots network with 159 county Farm Bureau organizations. Since its inception, the primary, ongoing goal of Farm Bureau is to be a united voice in the legislative arena, to promote farm markets and to provide leadership to Georgia's agricultural community. Farm Bureau is local, state, national and international in scope and influence.
The PR & Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, managing and distributing a variety of informative content that effectively describes and promotes the business, values and preferences of GFB Federation and GFBMIC to its target audiences. A successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to research, write, graphically enhance and post or distribute messaging that promotes the companies’ products, services and strategic initiatives. The PR & Communications Specialist will report to the Director of PR/Communications and work with other key leadership and cross-functional teams to prepare and promote the core business of GFB Federation and Insurance Company. Manage the company Co Op advertising program and chair the Employee Relations Committee.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Promote the goals, objectives and overall mission of Georgia Farm Bureau and Georgia Farm Bureau Insurance.
- Effectively communicate news and information while clearly reinforcing corporate objectives, mission, values and strategic direction.
- Manage multiple communications projects simultaneously with accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrate sound planning and organizational skills to develop communications goals, establish priorities and define measurements of success
- Responsible for the GFB Company store including merchandising and inventory control
- Serve as the primary copywriter for the department
- Outstanding writing skills for press releases, newsletters, media pitches, social media and web content. Creativity with the ability to develop new ways to tell stories in a variety of vehicles.
- Edit or rewrite existing copy from subject matter experts and usher the finished product through designated approval processes
- Develop and/or maintain a marketing/editorial calendar for content pertaining to all company websites, and social media platforms.
- Initiate and process billing for GFB News and Georgia Neighbors magazine advertisers.
- Confirm that all ads ran as requested.
- Manage the GFBMIC Co-Op insurance advertising program.
- Perform payment processing of GFBMIC insurance agent Co-Op advertising reimbursement by reviewing compliance with co-op program rules.
- Distribution of formats for Farm Monitor TV show each week.
- Operate studio camera teleprompter each week during taping of Farm Monitor TV program.
- Make sure music use is recorded and sent in quarterly to Killer Tracks. Also, email music use to RFD-TV on a weekly basis.
EMPLOYEE REALTIONS COMMITTEE:
- Serve as chair to the GFB Employee Relations Committee; schedule meetings, produce minutes.
- Handle arrangements and logistics for “GFB Night at Fair” and other projects the committee undertakes.
- Handle the coordination of the “Casual Days” sales that raise money for selected charities.
- Help plan and execute the Christmas program.
Provide leadership in the following areas:
- Determining annual advertising budget and manage expenses to that budget
- Monthly board reports of advertising and marketing efforts
- Measurement and maintain spreadsheet of advertising placement and other department expenses
- Maintain postage account for publications
- Other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, English, journalism or a related field
- Professional with a minimum 3 years’ relevant communications experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to translate complex information into clear, strong and compelling messages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to a collaborative work environment that stretches across all levels of the organization
- Agriculture, farm, and/or insurance background helpful.
- Working knowledge required with Mac or similar computer programs.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effect, Adobe Audition & other programs in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite preferred.
Occasional travel, some overnight required.
Knowledge of photography including basic understanding of digital cameras.
Valid Georgia Driver’s License required.
The PR/Information Department requires employees to possess excellent interpersonal skills to help maintain relationships with farmers, Farm Bureau members, government officials, researchers and other professionals encountered in the course of this job.
|Compensation & Benefits||