|Title||Brand Communications/Public Relations Manager
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Do you see yourself as the Corporate Communications Manager?
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Americas’ Regional Corporate Office is centrally located at the beautiful Ravinia Complex just outside Atlanta’s Perimeter (I-285), offering a convenient commute from all areas of Metro Atlanta. In addition to being easily accessible from all major highways, the complex provides a free shuttle service between the office, the nearby Perimeter Mall and MARTA train station for alternative commuting options during business hours. Our office complex offers many amenities and personal conveniences, including and on-site dry cleaner, private health club, wellness center and restaurants. Atlanta, situated near the North Georgia Mountains, has something for everyone, world class educational institutions, interactive venues, historical sites, beautiful performing arts facilities, professional sports teams – Braves, Falcons, and Hawks, and is home to unique venues including CNN, the Georgia Aquarium, The King Center, World of Coca-Cola, The Carter Center, High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta.
Responsible for overseeing communications strategies for Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay Brands (Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites) as they pertain to consumers and the hotel industry. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing consumer-focused public relations plans and programs through an integrated marketing approach, overseeing promotion and publicity of brand initiatives, overseeing media relations activities, liaise with hotel marketing and hotel agency partners, and manage IHG external agencies and partners. This role is responsible for research and writing as well as executive messaging and coaching.May lead and review the work of less experienced staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities):
- Develop innovative, brand-specific, public relations strategies and plans to support brand business objectives as agreed with supervisor and the respective brand vice presidents.
- Collaborate with brand marketing and guest experience teams to develop annual business plan as it relates to Public Relations.
- Identify public relations opportunities to further strengthen brand positioning and programs.
- Oversee media relations efforts including research; development and writing of communications materials, including but not limited to news releases for trade and consumer media, social/web content, executive key messages; coaching media spokespersons; coordinating interview logistics with media, and reporting.
- Oversee the relationships with public relations agencies and other outside vendors.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional internal teams including brand marketing, guest experience, social media, content marketing, and corporate external and internal communications to develop holistic brand communications programming.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key hotel contacts including general manager, director of sales/marketing, director of public relations as well as any hotel retained public relations/marketing firms.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts, inclusive of both consumer and hospitality trade outlets.
- Manage influencer programs to drive brand awareness, consideration, and preference.
- Monitor & maintain budgetary control over PR expenditures.
- Prepare summaries for program tracking; work with brand marketing teams to determine effectiveness of current programs to maximize the Company’s return on public relations investments.
- This position will require some travel.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, English, or similar relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Six to ten years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent knowledge of working within a Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and crisis management issues.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing clear and concise written business communications for all types and levels of audiences.
- Must possess excellent time and project management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer-focus orientation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong business focus with ability to think strategically (3-5 years out) and research pertinent business trends.
|Compensation & Benefits||
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.