Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
The Marketing Director is responsible for driving the development and successful execution of marketing programs supporting mainly large scale, growth initiatives. This individual brings creative and strategic thinking to the table, working cross-functionally with business partners, senior leadership and creative teams to deliver multi-faceted campaigns that drive growth and impact for Colonial Life or Unum US, enabling these businesses to achieve their financial objectives, including revenue and margin goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic, integrated communication plans that include objectives, target audiences, positioning, support points, program details, budgets and success metrics
- Lead campaign management and oversee the front to back development of marketing deliverables across all vehicles - print, web, digital, social, etc.
- Partner with internal creative team and outside agency to take programs from ideation all the way into implementation
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs through metrics and analysis, continuously optimize program outcomes and make recommendation on business cases
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams within and outside of Marketing
- Identify program challenges, define root cause, and develop plan for optimizing outcome.
- Lead negotiations and problem resolution
- Partner with Marketing Analytics to identify Key Performance Indicators for program, track program performance and optimize outcomes
- Ensure programs are delivered on strategy, on time and on budget
- Bachelor's degree (with a concentration in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications preferred) or equivalent experience required.
- MBA preferred
- 6-10 years of relevant and progressively more responsible experience within a marketing-driven organization
- Prior advertising agency experience preferred
- Requires advanced working knowledge of all marketing areas and the ability to integrate them.
- Strong understanding of digital and social media
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and remain on deadline without losing sight of the creative and strategic components
- Cultivate and maintain valuable relationships with business partners - establish credibility and trust with the ability to stand behind and deliver strategic work
- Thrive in fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - both written and verbal
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management Framework
|Compensation & Benefits||
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.