|Company||Children's Home Society of Florida
|Title||Communications and Media Relations Specialist
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
Founded in 1902 to care for orphans, CHS is now among the oldest, largest and most respected private nonprofits serving children and families. Expanding from early roots in adoption and foster care, CHS offers an array of specialized services designed to nurture children and grow families. Last year, CHS delivered hope to more than 139,000 children and adults.
The Communications and Media Relations Specialist works in conjunction with Philanthropy team members, Division Management, Senior Leadership, Program team members and volunteers to increase visibility and promotion of CHS throughout Florida and U.S. markets by leading strategic media relations campaigns, developing targeted promotional materials, and creating key messaging for targeted markets and audiences.
The Communications and Media Relations Specialist also leads and implements strategic digital media strategies to increase visibility, enhance brand awareness, improve brand positioning, increase online engagement, drive organizational goals and establish CHS as a thought leader among digital audiences.
Overall, the Communications and Media Relations Specialist contributes to the CHS high performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results that keep CHS as the premier provider of child, family and behavioral health support services.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and implement media relations, social media strategies, campaigns to advance key organizational messaging, and goals, and increase visibility of CHS.
- Cultivate and maintain media contacts to increase public visibility of CHS; maintain an updated media contact list.
- Proactively develop and pitch unique stories throughout Florida markets and, when appropriate, national markets; follow up with reporters and coordinate interviews as needed.
- Develop and maintain online newsroom.
- Track media coverage, analyze success, and modify strategies and plans as appropriate. Share daily coverage and compile clip reports for the Board of Directors.
- Develop media materials including news releases, media advisories, Public Service Announcements and fact sheets.
- Monitor industry news to identify and pursue opportunities to pitch CHS and internal experts.
- Maintain records and reference library.
- Participate in strategy sessions with Philanthropy and Division Management to assess division and regional media opportunities.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal team members and to reporters.
- Secure client, family and program team member’s stories and testimonials for promotional materials, media opportunities and social media.
- Play an active role in brand journalism.
- Develop and implement a strategic, integrated social media plan, and manage statewide social media accounts.
- Monitor news, trends and events related to CHS, CHS leaders, the child welfare industry and related causes.
- Foster dialogue between CHS and online constituents.
- Monitor all CHS social media channels; provide timely and appropriate responses.
- Develop strategies to grow CHS’ online audience.
- Provide guidance and direction to help divisions maximize local their social media presence.
- Identify and engage with industry leaders and influencers through digital communication.
- Write clearly and succinctly about complex.
- Provide support as needed to Division team members in the development of communication materials, including e-newsletters, e-announcements, one-pagers, flyers, brochures, etc., as requested.
- Oversee that CHS staff adhere to all CHS branding and graphic guidelines.
- Participate in the development of organization-wide communication and messaging.
2. Contribute to an engaging, positive work environment.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality management process.
- Comply with CHS policies, procedures, code of conduct, contracts and other legal obligations.
- Assist with training other employees and providing back up when necessary.
- Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate the CHS Values in the performance of all job duties.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Education, Licenses and Certifications:
- All degrees must be from an accredited university.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Three years experience in Communications, Marketing, or related experience in print or electronic media, required
- Two years proven media relations experience, required
- Accredited Public Relations (APR), preferred
|Compensation & Benefits||