|Company||Northrop Grumman Corporation
What We Do:
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide, offering an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies for applications from undersea to outer space and into cyberspace.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Communications Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Raleigh, NC.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence! The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
We are looking for a communications specialist with writing, editing and user interface experience. The successful candidate will work in the IT organization on writing communications for specific IT customer audiences, be responsible for updating and maintaining style guides and educational materials, and assisting with overall IT communications improvement. The successful candidate should have experience providing communications to audiences ranging from executive levels to internal non-technical customers.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Write and edit IT documents such as procedures, policies, processes, standards and related publications to communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences.
- Work with IT development teams to design ServiceNow online self-help requests and catalog items, making sure customer requirements are met; and conduct communication reviews to ensure the user interface adheres to style guide.
- Acquire information by interviewing subject matter experts and interpreting project details, product specifications and compliance requirements.
- Perform quality review of communications and provides draft approvals.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a business, English, or related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively more difficult experience.
- Be able to plan and develop business and user documents; directing documentation standards, expertise in communication methodology and principles.
- Be a team player, self-starting, a quick learner and highly productive; prioritize multiple tasks and manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Have expertise in problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Have expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and other Office products including Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Candidates will be given preferential consideration with:
- Awareness of Section 508–compliance and screen-reading software.
- Experience using Dreamweaver, HTML, and SharePoint.
- Documenting mobile device technology, computing system applications and operating system processes.
- Understanding ITIL best practices, including knowledge of Service Catalog and Service Level Agreements.
- ServiceNow knowledge or experience
|Compensation & Benefits||