|Title||Manager Of External Communications
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Backed by a stellar consortium of Venture Capital investors, Rubicon Global is driving innovation in the $900 billion global waste and recycling industry. Rubicon is the world’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions. Our technology platform connects customers with a national network of haulers, while making it economically compelling to divert waste from landfills. Rubicon’s unique value proposition has resulted in substantial company growth.
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
- Effectively communicate directly with customers, vendors, investors and leadership to establish a positive brand image to the public.
- Assist the CEO in creating Public Relations campaigns that align with company objectives, increase brand value, and maximize sales.
- Create monthly reports to demonstrate the success of each campaign, analyze results, report on key PR metrics, and learnings.
- Contribute to the development of owned, paid and earned media including content development, strategy, and execution.
- Develop strategy and execute around all social media for Rubicon, research and deliver recommendations around new media and opportunities.
- Proactively secure local print, online and broadcast media coverage for all lines of business in all markets.
- Media relations responsibilities include developing/writing/pitching local story ideas, pitching divisional press releases to local media outlets, securing and coordinating logistics for local interviews, preparing local spokespeople for interviews, coaching/training spokespeople, publicizing local events and promotions, securing publication of bylines in allied newsletters and business journals, developing and maintaining reporter relationships and developing and maintaining local media lists.
- Drive local social media strategy to support company goals.
- Develop and help leadership maintain consistency in messaging and best practices.
- Write press releases and prepare local speeches, slide presentations, research, etc.
- Identify public relations opportunities at the national and local level. This would include arranging for speaking opportunities at meetings, thought leadership articles, online content opportunities, etc.
- Degree or related experience in Public Relations, English, Journalism, Communication, Business Administration/Business Communications, Marketing, and related fields an asset.
- Ability to develop new and innovative public relations and communications strategies to suit a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to articulate complex messages.
- A positive attitude and ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities.
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
|Compensation & Benefits||