|Title||Social Media Support
We've come a long way since 1930.
Throughout our history, our associates and customers have helped Publix grow from a single store into the largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States. We thank them by remaining deeply dedicated to customer service and community involvement, and being a great place to work. We've earned numerous awards for these efforts.
Mission Statement and Guarantee:
Ours is to be the premier quality food retailer in the world.
To accurately and comprehensively capture the voice of Publix customers on social media, which includes customer questions, concerns, feedback and sentiment on Publix social media channels. This position will also identify trends and potential crisis situations, engage with customers directly on social media and support various team needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- identify trends, events and opportunities to management.
- provide succession planning support within social media team
- act as the subject matter expert on customer voice and social media community management knowledge base
- document customer conversations on Publix-owned social media channels
- perform administrative support for the social media department
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing, New Media, Journalism, or equivalent experience in any of these areas,
- one year of experience in an office environment or two years of experience in a customer service field,
- intermediate knowledge and understanding of MS Office software, tools and Internet,
- knowledge of social media channels, in terms of their functionality and their unique culture and etiquette,
- strong verbal and written communication skills,
- analytical skills,
- critical thinking skills,
- time management skills,
- sound decision making skills,
- ability to keep up with emerging technologies, ever-evolving social media and to learn quickly, and teach others how to use new features and tools,
- ability to respond to customers with high degree of discretion,
- willingness to work a flexible schedule,
- good punctuality and attendance,
- ability to work well with others and be a team member,
- show enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work and
- show commitment to Publix’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing, New Media, Journalism, or equivalent experience in any of these areas,
- two years of professional social media experience,
- two years experience in social listening and management software,
- two to three years in an office environment,
- three to five years office experience in a customer service field,
- knowledge of Publix culture, history and philosophy,
- knowledge of external and internal product and service information,
- knowledge of Publix organizational structure and/or
- knowledge and understanding of company and department policies, processes and procedures
- fluent in Spanish
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).