|Title||Assistant Manager, Public Relations
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Graco, Baby Jogger, Aprica, Goody, Irwin, Lenox, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Coleman, First Alert, FoodSaver, Jostens, K2, NUK, Oster, Rawlings, Sunbeam and Yankee Candle. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
The assistant manager of public relations knows the fundamentals of traditional media relations, influencer relations and events. The assistant manager will help the manager/associate manager to manage the day-to-day public relations of a category of Newell Brands’ globally recognized brands.
The assistant manager will contribute to building and launching high-impact campaigns that generate media coverage, drive awareness, trial and advocacy for our brands while engaging with consumers and influencers. This role also collaborates closely with our agency of record and supports blogger/influencer outreach.
The position is based in Atlanta and reports to the Manager of Public Relations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide necessary research and data to help build out the annual/campaign PR brief
- Support the internal team and PR agency of record on the creation of the PR plan
- Support the asset creation and activation of the PR plan
- Support proactive content curation for brand-owned social platforms
- Research potential media/blogger opportunities
- Support media/blogger inquiries and help research and provide the appropriate response on behalf of the brand
- Circulate media coverage and monthly dashboards to internal stakeholders
- Facilitate all sample requests as necessary for media/blogger opportunities
- Provide quick PR analysis for brand as needed
- Provide general support to PR team and tracking activity/work flow as needed
- Draft press materials, including product fact sheets, press releases, etc.
- Help facilitate proactive and reactive relations with target traditional media (including broadcast, print, and online)
- Submit products for influencer- and media-sponsored awards
- Help to schedule media, blogger and influencer appointments at industry trade shows
- Monitor and measure the impact of traditional (KPI’s to include impressions, key message penetration, share of voice and sentiment)
- 4 year college degree, preferably in PR, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 0-4 years of public relations experience
- Leadership and time management skills as well as the ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment and manage an agency
- Experience working with companies that specialize in technical or industrial products
- Experience promoting both consumable and durable products to consumers
- Keen sense of consumer trends
- Professional presence with exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in developing and executing high-impact PR campaigns across traditional, owned, new and social media
- Experience managing agencies and other outside vendors to deliver programs on time and on budget
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, interacting with all levels of marketing and business functions globally
- Ability to thrive under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities and challenges
|Compensation & Benefits||