|Company||The American Board of Anesthesiology
|Title||Content Writer & Marketing Specialist
About The ABA:
The mission of the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) is to advance the highest standards of the practice of anesthesiology. As the certifying body for anesthesiologists since 1938, the ABA is committed to partnering with physicians to advance lifelong learning and exceptional patient care. The Board administers primary and subspecialty certification exams as well as the Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® (MOCA®), which is designed to promote lifelong learning, a commitment to quality clinical outcomes and patient safety. Based in Raleigh, N.C., the ABA is a nonprofit organization and a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties.
Supports communication and marketing activities to advance a positive public image through written and electronic communications. Creates, edits and proofs content for a variety of marketing projects, including social media, email campaigns, website content, print collateral, newsletters and news briefs, trade show materials and other projects to support Board initiatives and programs. Ensures that communications between the ABA and its constituents are clear and consistent, and contain accurate, professional and timely information. Coordinates tradeshow events, communicates relevant logistical information to attending staff and manages vendor relations. Assists the Lead Marketing and Communications Specialist with other assignments and projects, as assigned.
- Assists in the development of high-quality content for marketing and communications projects, including newsletters and news briefs, document templates, brochures, presentations for senior management and Board directors, display materials for events and scripts for multimedia projects.
- Creates content to support social media strategy, engage physician followers and acquire new followers for the organization’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn sites and future blog site. Executes social media strategy through research, benchmarking, measurements reporting, messaging and audience identification.
- Creates and manages editorial calendars and publication schedules for social media with crosspromotion via ABA website and newsletters. Generates monthly media and social media tracking reports (Meltwater).
- Coordinates 8-10 tradeshow events each year, including preparing event materials, pre- and postshow shipping/logistics and pre-conference orders. Communicates relevant logistical information to attending staff and manages vendor relations.
- Assists in the administration of surveys and other tools intended to track and measure constituents’ satisfaction levels with ABA communications content and channels.
- Participates in peer reviews and inspections of marketing and communications materials.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest technology, especially as it relates to marketing and communications, to provide input on the effectiveness and efficiency of various tools.
- Assists with the distribution of mass emails (ExactTarget) to various external audiences and tracks success.
- Works in conjunction with Lead Marketing and Communications Specialist to meet with clients across departments to discuss and document their marketing and communications needs.
- Baccalaureate degree in journalism, communications, public relations or a related field.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely to a professional constituent base; ability to craft messaging that aligns with broader organizational strategy and mission.
- Ability to convert complex, technical information into easy-to-understand communications for diverse audiences.
- Strong knowledge of AP style and strict attention to detail.
- Independent self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills that can work collaboratively with both superiors and peers.
- Ability to successfully manage assignments and measure results.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects under deadline pressures.
- Able to learn new technology tools and processes quickly. Demonstrate willingness to keep technical skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- Ability to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- An in-depth understanding of contemporary techniques in communications and marketing communications, and the ability to effectively apply them in practice.
- Software skills required: Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and customer relationship management (Microsoft CRM) software skills is a plus.
- Familiarity with DSLR cameras for videography and photography, audio and video production techniques, and Adobe Premiere and Audition for video editing is a definite plus.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the marketing/communications field.
- Writing and editing experience; ability to craft communications for variety of audiences.
- Experience managing publication, web and social media content development, including conceptualizing, drafting and editing high-quality copy on deadline.
- Experience coordinating off-site meetings and events.
- Experience using email automation services to distribute mass emails with personalized and dynamic content.
- Familiarity with healthcare, medical specialty certifying boards or nonprofit organizations is a plus
- Ability to travel on occasion up to 10% with overnight stays
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds maximum
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
|Compensation & Benefits||