|Company||Rooms To Go
|Title||Art Director/Graphic Designer
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
The complete Rooms To Go package.
When Rooms To Go opened its first set of doors in 1991, the way people bought furniture was changed forever. Since then, we've grown into America's #1 independent furniture company with the nation's largest furniture inventory. By offering stylish furniture at everyday low prices, original room packages, superior service and fast delivery, today Rooms To Go is America's favorite place to buy furniture.
Every day at Rooms To Go, customers discover exclusive, stylish, quality furniture they can afford. Because our prices are low every day of the week and every month of the year, you're not misled with phony sales or fake 50% discounts. Plus, just like your favorite clothing store, we're constantly updating our inventory, offering the latest looks in home furniture fashions at great prices.
Along with the creation of this great furniture company, an exciting and innovative way to shop furniture was born. Rooms To Go introduced the concept of displaying and packaging furniture in complete room settings. Our designers coordinate each room's colors, fabrics and accessories to the last detail, so customers don't have to. This approach affords customers a simplified shopping experience and increased savings when buying an entire room.
In addition, trained, knowledgeable and courteous Rooms To Go sales associates create the hassle free, comfortable environment customers enjoy in our showrooms. Rooms To Go's incomparable delivery promise ensures customers receive their new furniture in days, not months. Our fast and easy furniture delivery is realized through state-of-the-art Rooms To Go distribution centers, housing hundreds of thousands of furniture pieces ready for delivery today. Walk into any of our bright, stylish and friendly furniture showrooms and discover the ease of one-stop decorating. As the leading furniture company in America, millions of customers have enjoyed the entire Rooms To Go's package and a more convenient, enjoyable and affordable way to shop furniture.
The Graphic Designer/Art Director will be responsible for the timely execution of marketing materials as they relate to the overall marketing strategy, reporting to the SVP of Advertising. Projects will include design and production development for print ads, retail signage, in-store visuals), digital outputs, and web assets. Guide the decisions on how images and text will go together on a print or webpage, including how much space each will have. S/he will also work with other departments in order to meet all deadlines and will be willing to assist in all areas of the Creative Services team as needed.
- Meet with buyers and/or SVP to determine project scope
- Advise buyers on strategies to reach a particular audience
- Determine the message the design should portray
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites (as applicable)
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Present the design to buyers and/or SVP
- Incorporate changes suggested by SVP and buyers into the final design
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Liaise with internal team members on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality
- Assume responsibility for projects through to completion within agreed timeline
- Excellent design and photo-editing software skills
- Innovative creative skills in thinking of new approaches to communicate ideas to consumers with a strong interest in marketing and fashion -- furniture experience is a plus as well as an understanding of the latest trends and their role within a retail environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; often working on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different (and tight) deadline
- Keen analytical skills in looking at work from the point of view of the consumer and examining how the designs will be perceived
- Strong communication skills in both listening and making modifications to ensure designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information
- High motivation skills in combination with being a team player and collaborator
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field
- Skilled knowledge of industry leading graphic software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.)
- Familiar with MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Seven to ten years' of experience in graphic design
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating command of typography, layout solutions, and outstanding problem solving skills
|Compensation & Benefits||