|Title||Public Relations Manager
At Dude Solutions, we always combine innovation with passion and dedication. Empowering people is at the core of everything we do, whether it’s giving our clients the tools to dramatically improve efficiencies at their workplace or providing a creative and encouraging environment for our own employees. Are you ready to #jointhedude?
Dude Solutions, parent company of SchoolDude, FacilityDude and TheWorxHub, is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider of operations management solutions to education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and membership-based organizations. The company combines innovative technology with operational insight to transform the places people learn, live, heal, work, and play.
Today, more than 9,000 organizations are using Dude Solutions’ award-winning software for facilities, energy, safety, IT and a growing suite of related enterprise applications to increase efficiencies, improve service and save money.
Dude Solutions is seeking a Public Relations Manager to develop and implement external communications strategies and tactics to support brand awareness and industry thought leadership. This includes developing proactive media relations pitches and campaigns that position Dude Solutions as an industry leader, leveraging a variety of external channels to amplify content and messages, leading communications projects and serving as the liaison between functional areas within the company (marketing, sales, strategy, product management, etc.), collaborating closely with social, and measuring and analyzing media results. The individual provides strategic communication counsel and media guidance to the team, and develops, executes and manages a wide range of communications projects across Dude Solutions. The right candidate will possess a keen understanding of external public relations programming, significant knowledge on the latest tools for success, and have a proven track record generating sustained and high-profile media coverage for a B2B company.
- Develop and execute public relations and external communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics that drive overall business goals and enhance and protect Dude Solution’s reputation.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Position Dude Solutions, its software, content and people, as industry leaders.
- Develop and maintain global editorial calendar, always looking for ways to tell a consistent and compelling story across the company.
- Proactively develop and implement media pitches to position Dude Solutions as an industry leader, overall and in key vertical markets.
- Develop thought leadership programs, leveraging global expertise and content across the company.
- Contribute to blogging and other thought leadership programs.
- Write press releases, media alerts, bylined articles, case studies, blog posts and other media relations content. Aggressively pursue media coverage.
- Provide media guidance and training, creating briefing documents, key messages, FAQs, etc., as needed. Counsel company executives on messaging, timing, and tone for communications as needed.
- Work with business partners to support key initiatives, which includes identifying communication objectives, brainstorming creative solutions, and developing and executing communications plans using multiple communication channels.
- Play supporting role in crisis communications and issues management, as needed.
- Collaborate routinely and effectively with communications professionals across Dude Solutions to deliver consistent and professional communications.
- Assist in developing content for internal consumption, as needed. This may include supporting specific and targeted communications across business units, including emails, speechwriting, video scripts, presentations, websites, newsletters, etc.
- Share expertise with other areas and participate in multi-disciplinary communications initiatives that may extend beyond direct area of responsibility.
- Develop metrics to measure effectiveness of external communication activities and focus on continued improvement.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
- Degree in marketing, journalism, PR or related discipline.
- 5-7 years of broad-based, in-depth knowledge and experience in PR and partnering with the media.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with proven expertise in using different styles to reflect the nature of the stakeholder, audience and message.
- Experience working with B2B and high growth technology company a major plus.
- A passion for media relations and proactive media pitching.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proven track record of advising and partnering with all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to keep projects moving in the face of change.
- Detail oriented.
- Client-service orientation and strong project-management skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with strong follow-through.
- Ability to think strategically, be flexible and work with diverse groups.
- Knowledge of the latest developments and techniques in external communications.
- Our office in Cary, N.C. will be the primary location for your daily responsibilities.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Additional professional development may be required.
- The Public Relations Manager is chosen by and reports to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications.
- This position does not have people management responsibilities.
- This job description may be updated and revised at any time at the discretion of the Senior Director of Marketing Communications and the Vice President of Marketing.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to hold or handle; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
|Compensation & Benefits||