|Title||Public Relations Coordinator
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for providing general support to the Corporate Communications Department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to Corporate Communications department.
- Research relevant company and industry news to compile informative media reports.
- Draft communication tools such as press releases, management announcements, bios, fact sheets, company newsletter stories, blog entries, etc..
- Assist with online reviews about VITAS.
- Work with company vendors, agencies and software programs to support the department’s coordination of PR initiatives.
- Distribute press releases and monitors company’s online reputation.
- Coordinate elements relating to internal and external communication initiatives and presentations.
- Assists with company newsletter editing and proofreading.
- Develop and maintain weekly project reports/summaries of public relations projects.
- Responsible for filing and maintaining departmental databases.
- Tracks, collates, and maintains inventory of public relations materials.
- Coordinates various fulfillment duties and systems including direct mail, packages, letters, catalogs, and other in-house communication literature.
- Performs related duties as required.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- At least one year of experience working in a public relations setting
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Possesses strong writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge and experience using the AP Writing Style Guide.
- A good understanding of social media landscape and online reputation basics.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred.
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program