|Company||Advance Auto Parts
|Title||Marketing Content Specialist
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Advance Auto Parts, Inc., the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance operates over 5,200 stores, over 100 Worldpac branches and serves approximately 1,300 independently owned Carquest branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs approximately 74,000 Team Members.
Advance Auto Parts works hard to create an environment of honesty, integrity, mutual trust and dedication. Since our founding by Arthur Taubman in 1932, these values haven’t changed.
- Inspire and build the self-confidence and success of every Team Member.
- Serve our customers better than anyone else – help them succeed.
- Grow the business and profitability with integrity.
The Marketing Content Specialist is responsible for creating, executing and managing projects across website, social media, and other digital and non-digital channels to further Advance’s marketing efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create strategies for social media postings and content across multiple channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest and others.
- Manage social media calendar and community engagement for channels and campaigns as assigned
- Engage with vendors in support of social marketing and advertising campaigns
- Prepare briefs, partner with and guide creative team in creation of assets for social channels.
- Own and manage projects related to activation of sweepstakes, contests and events
- Guide contractors and agency representatives in local event content creation
- Create and/or maintain reporting for content and social program KPIs
- Partner with vendors in acquisition and publication of videos to various video outlets including owned platforms, YouTube and other outlets.
- Contribute to customer engagement goals through content curation efforts; locating, documenting and tagging content appropriate to our needs.
- Contribute to overall team goal of identifying and creating programs that will drive the quality of content shared in all channels.
- Work with peers to constantly improve existing processes and share knowledge through association with the Content team.
- Partner with Marketing Operations to create and maintain content and social project plans specifying goals, strategy, scope, staffing, roles and responsibilities, scheduling, quality, identification of risks, contingency plans, management plans, procurement needs and allocation of available resources.
- Conduct on-going communication with internal and external teams as necessary to ensure coordination of project deliverables.
- Anticipate and solve problems related to tactical, day-to-day project issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience with online content and social media, preferably in a multi-channel retail environment.
- Thorough understanding of project/product life cycle.
- Customer service oriented mind frame.
- Prior functional experience with social media and/or content management software.
- Able to effectively organize large amounts of information/data.
- Ability to work with IT, QA and Business team members to ensure business requirements are launched successfully and the needs of the customer are met.
- Powerful advocate for advancing projects with team work and cross functional collaboration.
- Very organized and detail orientated.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively cross functionally with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent organizational characteristics and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE;
- B.A or B.S. degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field; and 3-5 years experience with marketing and content related programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with content management systems, social media, graphics and SEO preferred.
- None immediately, but in future, could manage additional project team members or contractors.
|Compensation & Benefits||