|Title||Head of US Communications and Public Relations
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
We all share one big ambition. What’s yours?
Everyone who works at UCB holds the same ambition – to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. Of course we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals. That’s why we ensure every UCB colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do. Wherever in the world we’re based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
To help us meet our ambitions and provide the best solutions to patients, UCB is currently seeking a dynamic leader as Head of US Communications and Public Relations to play a key role in the evolution of UCB’s Patient Value Strategy. All strategies and initiatives will be focused on UCB’s aim to create a positive impact on patients through partnerships across the ecosystem of care. The position will be based at our US Headquarters in suburban Atlanta, Georgia.
The individual in this role will play a central role on the US Corporate Affairs team through the development and management of a public relations and communications strategy in building and protecting UCB’s brand. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines with high quality work, bring creative ideas and solutions to communications challenges, collaborate across functions as well as manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels. They will also be responsible for creating imaginative public relations and branding campaigns, digital media strategies and original content to drive UCB’s strategies reaching a diverse audience including employees, patients, healthcare professionals and others.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops integrated public relations strategy; collaborate cross-functionally to lead the creation of messaging while ensuring consistency.
- Develops expert knowledge of the company strategy to effectively translate the company vision and strategy into tangible and clear digital communications initiatives.
- Contributes to building strong corporate reputation with external stakeholders and media leveraging UCB’s growth model and business strategy.
- Initiates, maintains, builds, and strengthens relationships with key contacts in media, community, academia, government, and the private sector through communications programs that create measurable value for the business, protect and enhance the UCB brand, engage and influence stakeholders, and prevent and remove barriers.
- Establishes and tracks metrics of success for all digital communications mediums.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
- 10+ years in public relations and/or related field; political, agency, or journalism experience strongly preferred.
- Senior level leader with a track record of success, leading, managing and cultivating relationships from both a strategic and operational perspective and achieving results.
- Proven track record generating new, strategic ideas and opportunities to expand services beyond traditional public relations AND the ability and desire to lead these ideas from conception to results.
- Experience independently creating and implementing successful public affairs, community and advocacy programs and executing seamlessly across multiple business units simultaneously
- Ability to influence senior management with accountability for decision making.
- Extensive targeted media relations experience across multiple industries, including niche industry expertise and ongoing, active reporter relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit, insatiable curiosity and an established track record of hard work and dedication to results
- High degree of professional versatility and hands-on capability with an ability to meet challenges consistently and confidently with energy, drive and personal commitment.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to work and team with experience leading and growing a multidisciplinary team “Patient First” customer service orientation - puts the patient at the center of all business activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital channels development and deployment.
- Proficient editor and writer who can teach original writing across teams
|Compensation & Benefits||