Capitol Lighting is one of America's oldest, largest and most successful independent lighting retailers. Started as a family-owned lighting store in Newark, NJ in 1924, we have since grown to eight showrooms, with four locations in New Jersey and four in Southeast Florida. Capitol Lighting also markets products nationally with an industry leading website; 1-800lighting.com. With eight gorgeous showrooms and an aggressive online and "bricks-n-clicks" store expansion initiative, Capitol Lighting has opportunities which come available in: Sales, Customer Service, Management and Marketing.
Want to Make Lives Brighter? That's our core purpose at Capitol Lighting and we are looking for an amazing, energetic, creative, social media savvy, data-driven individual to join our growing team of omni-channel marketing professionals.
Since 1924, Capitol Lighting has been governed by a its core values of Professionalism, Respect, Attitude, Integrity, Service and Effectiveness (PRAISE). Our mission is to expertly guide homeowners, designers and custom home builders to light their homes in the most beautiful way possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all messaging is supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies
- Provide community management of all Capitol Lighting platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Houzz
- Create copy for social media posts
- Stage and photograph images as needed for social posts
- Assist in the creation of content for blog and social media use
- Assist with cooperative advertising (Co-op) management
- Work closely with advertising agency to ensure projects are on time and on budget
- Coordinate flow of information and communication to internal departments
- Assist with local showroom event management
- Manage, oversee and distribute inventory of branded collateral and promotional items
- Responsible for sizing and versioning creative assets for showrooms
- Assist with all marketing initiatives as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, PR or Advertising
- 4 years of experience in related field
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Efficient in Wordpress
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with a sense of urgency
- Efficient Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, InDesign (and preferably Illustrator)
|Compensation & Benefits||